+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship help

eAmrj

Apr 23, 2018
Hi, can anyone help with some of these questions about spousal sponsorship

1) Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking [IMM 1344]
Has to be filled out and validated to generate barcode, right? But my wife (sponsor) is in canada, does that mean, she must first fill it, validate, and send me a copy so i can print the page that needs to be signed?

2) IMM 5669, 5406 - does my family (parents, siblings) must also fill this form? "You (Principal applicant) and all family members must fill this form"

3) for government issued documents, do i have to include the receipts? What if i misplaced some of it?

Last edited:

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hi, can anyone help with some of these questions about spousal sponsorship

1) Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking [IMM 1344]
Has to be filled out and validated to generate barcode, right? But my wife (sponsor) is in canada, does that mean, she must first fill it, validate, and send me a copy so i can print the page that needs to be signed?

2) IMM 5669, 5406 - does my family (parents, siblings) must also fill this form? "You (Principal applicant) and all family members must fill this form"

3) for government issued documents, do i have to include the receipts? What if i misplaced some of it?
1. Refer....."Signature"....in the Sponsorship Guide.

Note: IRCC will normally accept forms with photocopies of signatures. However, you may be asked to provide the original copy of your forms with an original signature if an IRCC officer determines it is necessary.

Will advice if you are located away from your sponsor, to actually mail the Filled, Validated, Printed and Signed hand-written forms to your sponsor.
Better and easier to just provide the original signatures and avoid any additional steps or hassles down the road.

2. No....Only the Principal Applicant and their Dependant 18 years or older need to fill IMM5669 and IMM5406.

In IMM5406...

SECTION A - Principal Applicant (wife), Spouse (Sponsor), Principal Applicant Father and Mother details.
SECTION B - the Principal Applicant dependants.
SECTION C - Principal Applicant BROTHERS and SISTERS details (not cousins, nephews, nieces).

3. Don't think you need to include the receipts for government issued documents......but you need to include the receipt of payment for your application.

Spousal Sponsorship Checklist 2018 v.

eAmrj

Apr 23, 2018
1. Refer....."Signature"....in the Sponsorship Guide.

Note: IRCC will normally accept forms with photocopies of signatures. However, you may be asked to provide the original copy of your forms with an original signature if an IRCC officer determines it is necessary.

Will advice if you are located away from your sponsor, to actually mail the Filled, Validated, Printed and Signed hand-written forms to your sponsor.
Better and easier to just provide the original signatures and avoid any additional steps or hassles down the road.

2. No....Only the Principal Applicant and their Dependant 18 years or older need to fill IMM5669 and IMM5406.

In IMM5406...

SECTION A - Principal Applicant (wife), Spouse (Sponsor), Principal Applicant Father and Mother details.
SECTION B - the Principal Applicant dependants.
SECTION C - Principal Applicant BROTHERS and SISTERS details (not cousins, nephews, nieces).

3. Don't think you need to include the receipts for government issued documents......but you need to include the receipt of payment for your application.

Spousal Sponsorship Checklist 2018 v.

1) can the form be filled by her, save it, and send it to me via email so i can print and sign it? Then send it back to her with all my documents?

Thanks

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
1) can the form be filled by her, save it, and send it to me via email so i can print and sign it? Then send it back to her with all my documents?

Thanks
Yes......that's what i suggest you do........send back the signed hand written forms to your wife in Canada.

eAmrj

Apr 23, 2018
One more thing, should i send my 5669 and my police/nbi clearance together with all my documents?

Last edited:

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
One more thing, should i send my 5669 with my police/nbi clearance together with all my documents?
Refer Checklist........The Applicant and any family members 18 or older (who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents), must submit police
certificates from the following country or countries at this time, unless indicated otherwise on the police certificate webpage:

Check......How to obtain Police Certificate......if PCC is required up-front from;

1. The country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more
2. The country where you have spent most of your (their) life since the age of 18