+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship ghost updates

Fatima93

Feb 9, 2023
Hi i just want to know where my application is standing at. The following is my timeline:
  • Application Submitted/ Received: August 8th, 2022
  • AOR: October 5th, 2022
  • Medical Instructions: October 26th, 2022
  • ADR police certificates: October 27th, 2022
  • Medical Exam Updated to Completed: November 15th, 2022
  • Police certificates received: November 18th, 2022
  • Transferring our file to Ankara Canadian visa office for further processing: January 30th, 2023
  • Biometrics Status Updated to Completed: February 2nd, 2023
  • First Ghost Update: February 8th, 2023
  • Second Ghost Update: February 9th, 2023

• This is so far my timeline and the eligibility and background verification status is “Not Started” on my PR tracker. Does this mean they haven’t started processing eligibility and background check yet?? Whats my next step for anyone who knows!?

Elliott18

Feb 1, 2023
"Spousal sponsorship ghost updates" may refer to updates on the status of a spousal sponsorship application that are not readily available to the sponsor or the sponsored spouse. In the context of immigration, "ghosting" refers to the lack of communication or updates from the government on the status of an application. This can lead to frustration and uncertainty for the individuals involved in the sponsorship process.
Wellcare Medicare Providers
It's important to note that processing times for spousal sponsorship applications can vary, and the lack of updates does not necessarily indicate that there is a problem with the application. In such cases, it may be helpful to contact the immigration office handling the application for more information.

Last edited:

Fatima93

Feb 9, 2023
Im not saying there might be a problem but how long someone might get an update after biometrics and medical completed? The status “not started” for the eligibility and background check does it actually mean not started or they just havent updated the pr tracker? Im just confused because they received the complete application by November 18th thats why

Canuck11

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
There is nothing unusual about your case at all. For comparison, we submitted our application in November of *2021* and our Eligibility and Background Check was at Not Started until January of 2023.

Different visa offices have different amounts of backlogs. Your case was literally just transferred to the visa office 10 days ago, it would be strange if your eligibility and background check were at anything other than Not Started.

Fatima93

Feb 9, 2023
So you mean they actually dont start looking at the eligibility or the criminal record until it gets transferred to the visa office?? I thought they should start looking when all the documents are submitted in complete. That’s really weird

Rav05

Star Member
Mar 14, 2023
I am getting ghost update since February 14 every day but nothing update
My eligibility started from December 2
Background not start yet
But everything else completed since oct 28

Fatima93

Feb 9, 2023
I am getting ghost update since February 14 every day but nothing update
My eligibility started from December 2
Background not start yet
But everything else completed since oct 28
When did you submit your application? Could it be that they started processing the eligibility and background check without updating the PR tracker?

May21

Mar 8, 2023
Anyone here that their ECAS change status to "Application Received" from "In process" after medical passed? How long does it takes to start Eligibility and Background check. Sept 2022 applicant here, January 2023 medical passed , criminality passed but until now no update.

Rav05

Star Member
Mar 14, 2023
Eligibility started from December 2
On PR tracker ghost update every day from February 14 nothing change waiting for pre arrival and ppr request

May21

Mar 8, 2023
Hi i just want to know where my application is standing at. The following is my timeline:
  • Application Submitted/ Received: August 8th, 2022
  • AOR: October 5th, 2022
  • Medical Instructions: October 26th, 2022
  • ADR police certificates: October 27th, 2022
  • Medical Exam Updated to Completed: November 15th, 2022
  • Police certificates received: November 18th, 2022
  • Transferring our file to Ankara Canadian visa office for further processing: January 30th, 2023
  • Biometrics Status Updated to Completed: February 2nd, 2023
  • First Ghost Update: February 8th, 2023
  • Second Ghost Update: February 9th, 2023

• This is so far my timeline and the eligibility and background verification status is “Not Started” on my PR tracker. Does this mean they haven’t started processing eligibility and background check yet?? Whats my next step for anyone who knows!?
Do you received your PPR this time ?