+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spousal sponsorship - Generic application form (IMM-0008) National Identity Document

jobaka

Jun 5, 2022
Hello, I am filling generic application form as part of the spousal sponsorship application. (From India). Does my name has to match exactly the same in my passport and the national identity document? I am including my Aadhar card as NID but my middle name in aadhar card has "bhai" suffix but in my passport there is no suffix after middle name.
Should I say no for NID (will the immigration officer be suspecious? Or should I include one and same person affidavit?
Thnk you

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello, I am filling generic application form as part of the spousal sponsorship application. (From India). Does my name has to match exactly the same in my passport and the national identity document? I am including my Aadhar card as NID but my middle name in aadhar card has "bhai" suffix but in my passport there is no suffix after middle name.
Should I say no for NID (will the immigration officer be suspecious? Or should I include one and same person affidavit?
Thnk you
I would include both documents with an explanation (note also the 'other names used' field in some forms).

I strongly doubt you're the first to have had the bhai suffix on various documents - there have been at least a couple dozen immigrants from India already.

belen_12

Jun 6, 2022
Hi guys,
I just got my pre arrival letter last June 1, How long do you think I can get PPR Request?