+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP FROM WITHIN CANADA - question for PMM please

marlaANDmateh

May 26, 2007
Hi

My darling partner and I have just read on the CIC website that as of 2005 a law was introduced into canada namely

Sponsorship of Spouses and Common Law Partners Within Canada: New Policy Announced
On February 18, 2005, the Minister announced a new policy intended to facilitate the processing of spouses and common-law partners of Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada, who do not have legal immigration status in Canada.

In accordance with this change in policy, regardless of your immigration status in Canada, you may use the application package Applying for Permanent Residence from Within Canada: Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada Class if:

You are in a bona fide marriage or common-law relationship with a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
You live with your spouse or common-law partner in Canada
Your spouse or common-law partner wants to sponsor you (and your dependent children) for permanent residence in Canada

?!?!?!

Does this mean that technicaly speaking i can marry my beautiful dream in canada and then apply for permanent residency via spousal sponshorship while i AM STILL IN CANADA ?????

This really has come as quite a shocjk and sounds far too good to be true !!

Wheres the catch PMM ??!?!?!

Do we need proof of extra savings to be able to do this? surely there is some kind of financial catch or something this just sounds too good!!!

Thanks in anticipation for your response

mateh

Eh_n_dubbaya

Jun 7, 2007
theres no financial catch.. if there was i'd be screwed, no minimum income or savings required.
the only thing that u can't do is be on welfare ever or any kind of social assistance if your partner plans on sponsoring you. Your partner has to pledge to take care of you for a min of 3 years, so if you guys seperate while in canada and you end up on welfare then your partner is responsible for paying the government that money back that you use if you end up on welfare.

marlaANDmateh

May 26, 2007
Hi again everyone,

Has anyone ever applied for Spousal sponsorship from within Canada? Please tell us your experience!

Thank you SOOOO much

Marla

Canadya

Jul 5, 2007
Hello.
I am looking for someone's experience in sponsoring the common-law partner, as well.
My bf is a canadian resident, we are together for more than 4 years and cohabit together during 1,5 years. Currently he is a student and has no job, but has some savings. I am in Canada since January 2006 as an international student. We are in process of collecting documents for immigration. Even though I am applying by the help of representative, I am still not sure, that it is an effective way. What is the gurantee that the result will be positive? What can be the reason of rejecting the application? My lawyer says, that if the application will be rejected, there is no chance to appeal. But we don't want to marry in a rush just because of this documental barriers.

acaraon

Mar 15, 2012
Re spousal sponsorship, papers transferred in prince george what does that mean?

hi! i just received a letter from the immigration that my papers were transferred in prince george? what does that mean? does that mean i will be receiving another letter saying that my papers are approved? are they gonna ask us to go in prince george? are there any other fees to pay after my papers were approved? please help.....

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Re: Re spousal sponsorship, papers transferred in prince george what does that mean?

Hi

acaraon said:
hi! i just received a letter from the immigration that my papers were transferred in prince george? what does that mean? does that mean i will be receiving another letter saying that my papers are approved? are they gonna ask us to go in prince george? are there any other fees to pay after my papers were approved? please help.....
1. Did the letter say you received first level approval?
2. If not, then you will probably have to attend an interview at PG to determine if the marriage is not a Marriage of Convenience. Then the processing will continue, if accepted. You will then have to attend PG to "land'
3. If you received first level approval (Approval in Principle) then PG will call you and your spouse in for you to be "landed"