+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship From Pakistan

Arisha Azib

Nov 6, 2018
Hello Everyone,
I have received the file number for my husband we applied on 7th Nov 2018, application recieved on 11th Nov 2018 and 16 Jan 2019 is the date we received our file Number. I have couple of questions:
1) What is the next step after getting the file number? Do they ask for finger prints or medical request and how long do they take to send you the next request??
2) My husband is currently in Dubai and he will be staying their for 3 months if we receive a request for finger prints or his medical would he able to perform it by staying in Dubai or he has to go back to pakistan to get it done??

Thanks,
Arisha

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017

Most straight forward Outland Spousal Sponsorship follow these process steps (the order of the steps may vary)
  1. Application received at IRCC
  2. IRCC start processing application
  3. Receive Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR 1)
  4. Link Application to Online Account
  5. Sponsor Approval and File transfer to VO
  6. VO starts processing PR application (AOR 2)
  7. Receive Request for Medical Exam
  8. Medical Exam @ IRCC Panel Physician Clinic
  9. Biometrics
  10. Medical Exam Result
  11. Eligibility Assessment
  12. Background Check completion
  13. Passport Request (PPR)
  14. Pick-up Permanent Residency Visa (PUM)
Spousal sponsorship process completion time varies depending on the visa office and on a case basis.......will advice you assume process completion takes 12 months to help reduce the waiting stress.......relax.....its a wait game.

Reactions: Bahar Ali

Sufia114

Star Member
Dec 27, 2018
Hey my application is transferred to London Visa office ...how long will it take to get passport request? I'm from pak

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
applications are processed on a case basis and also depends on the visa office......most spousal sponsorship are processed within 12 months, it could take more or less.

Sufia114

Star Member
Dec 27, 2018
applications are processed on a case basis and also depends on the visa office......most spousal sponsorship are processed within 12 months, it could take more or less.
12 months after sending app to London Visa office ?

shaikh125

Mar 12, 2012
Hi sufia me too from pakistan same process my file is also in london ofc.when did you apply?
Sorry guy just a newbie gathering basic info before I apply for my wife sponsorship from Karachi Pakistan.
1) How do the file end up in London office? From what I heard the application for Pakistan were processed in Abu Dhabi embassy am I wrong?
2) And if I'm not wrong the paper application needs to be submitted to Vfs global office or sent somewhere else?

TrueLiar

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey,

Question from those whose files have gone to London Visa Office. Did you get your process done?

I am June 2019 applicant. Medical and Bio passed 2 weeks back. Since then it's a total silence.

Any timeline would be helpful

Shehzad.P

May 2, 2019
Hey,

Question from those whose files have gone to London Visa Office. Did you get your process done?

I am June 2019 applicant. Medical and Bio passed 2 weeks back. Since then it's a total silence.

Any timeline would be helpful
As of now it is November and December 2018 files that are transferring. Timeline is approx 12 months in total, so all you could do is wait.

Jun 22, 2015
Hello Everyone,
I have received the file number for my husband we applied on 7th Nov 2018, application recieved on 11th Nov 2018 and 16 Jan 2019 is the date we received our file Number. I have couple of questions:
1) What is the next step after getting the file number? Do they ask for finger prints or medical request and how long do they take to send you the next request??
2) My husband is currently in Dubai and he will be staying their for 3 months if we receive a request for finger prints or his medical would he able to perform it by staying in Dubai or he has to go back to pakistan to get it done??

Thanks,
Arisha
Hi Arisha,
Can you share your timeline please?
I am living in Winnipeg since 2014. Running my own constryction company.
I married in Lahore on 22 Jan 2019. I sent my sponsor application to Sydney NS on 18 May 2019
AOR1: 18 Jun 2019
Medical request: 15 Jul 2019
Biometrics request: 16 Jul 2019
Medical done 24 Jul 2019 and result uploaded
Biometrics done 25 Jul 2019
After that no response
GCkey shows processing
Any idea whats next and when ppr?
My in-laws pushing me to do faster but I told no control on this process...
Please share your timeline
Thanks