Star Member
Jun 18, 2009
www.NotCanada.com
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
June 2010
Hello everybody

I am not sure if this question has been answered before but I am a landed immigrant currently living in the UK. I have recently got married and want to sponsor my wife. Someone told me that I need to be in Canada to sponsor her but I am wondering if theres a possibility I can sponsor her while I am living abroad? Just to mention that neither of us is a British citizen.

Has anybody done it? I will greately appreciate any help I receive from you guys.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
PRs need to be residing in Canada to sponsor a spouse.

Tonsils Hockey

Star Member
Jun 18, 2009
www.NotCanada.com
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
June 2010
canadianwoman said:
PRs need to be residing in Canada to sponsor a spouse.
Thank you Canadianwoman. I appreciate what you are saying but when I was in Canada, someone suggested that my partner can come on a TRP and then I can sponsor her from within Canada. They claimed that they have seen permanent residents doing that but I am not fully sure so just wondering if thats really a possibility.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's not LEGALLY a possibility but people do all kinds of crap that frauds the system. And a TRP? Why? Is your wife inadmissible for some reason? If your wife is a UK citizen she is visa exempt. Maybe you meant a TRV? In any event, the answer is no if you are living outside of Canada.

Tonsils Hockey

Star Member
Jun 18, 2009
www.NotCanada.com
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
June 2010
rjessome said:
people do all kinds of crap that frauds the system
Ok, so what possible frauds do you know of. Just give me an idea, I'm cool taking one or two risks. End of the day life is all about taking risks!

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Tonsils Hockey said:
Thank you Canadianwoman. I appreciate what you are saying but when I was in Canada, someone suggested that my partner can come on a TRP and then I can sponsor her from within Canada. They claimed that they have seen permanent residents doing that but I am not fully sure so just wondering if thats really a possibility.
Do you mean you want to sponsor your wife while she is staying in Canada on a TRV while you are working in the UK? Maybe some permanent residents have done so, but PRs are supposed to be in Canada while sponsoring. I don't think they could have done it legally. Maybe the person who told you about it just thought the people doing that were PRs, but actually they were Canadian citizens who had recently immigrated.
Anyway, the sponsor, if a PR, has to be in Canada. On the forms you have to give your address and work history, so you would not be able to admit you are living and working in the UK. Plus for the proof of a genuine relationship, evidence you and your partner have been living together is very good. People also usually show their passport with visa and entry and exit stamps to prove travel and visits to each other. All this evidence will be unusable if you try to lie.
What country are you and your wife from? And would you be using the London office for her sponsorship, or her own country?

sogwap

Feb 18, 2010
Indiana
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tonsils Hockey said:
Ok, so what possible frauds do you know of. Just give me an idea, I'm cool taking one or two risks. End of the day life is all about taking risks!
This is the wrong forum to ask for such advise.
If you search you may find what you are looking for. But for someone on these forums to suggest fraud is aiding in illegal activities.