+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship - form questions

meolshan

Jan 7, 2019
Hello everyone,

This has been a great forum. Thanks for all your help. I am almost in the final stages of completing the application. I have just received signed forms from my spouse. And printing out other documents. I'd request your help with the following questions:

1. In form IMM0008, my spouse has filled in my email address in her contact details section. Is it ok or do we need to change this to her email address? I am wondering as in form IMM5406 (additional family), she has filled in her email address. In any case, she has authorized me a representative.

2. If we make this change, I might have to ask her to sign form IMM0008 and scan me a copy as getting it mailed would take 7-10 days. Is scanned/photocopy of signed forms is acceptable? Or we can only submit original signed forms.

3. In form IMM 5406 (use of a representative), she has authorized me as representative. Do I need to sign this form also under sponsor's sign or only she needs to sign as she is the one authorizing.

4. Regarding photos, should we print photos at Walmart/staples. Or even photos printed on A4 paper are also acceptable. How many photos would you recommend to submit as checklist says maximum 20?

5. In checklist, Ques. 7, proof of relationship to sponsor - It asks to provide evidence to support your relationship. It asks to provide "proof of past cohabitation if you are not living together now but did at one point in the past". -------- What do you suggest can be provided as the evidence of this? We have mails, family photos, bank statements, my travel tickets etc.

Sorry for asking so many questions. I am quite lost and would really appreciate your reply.

Thanks much.

Last edited:

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
1. if she has authorized you as a representative....its okay to have your email.

2. better to submit original signed forms

3. yes

4. refer checklist

5. mails, family photos, bank statements, my travel tickets are good.....provide what you have as required in checklist

manyataji

Jun 8, 2018
1. if she has authorized you as a representative....its okay to have your email.

2. better to submit original signed forms

3. yes

4. refer checklist

5. mails, family photos, bank statements, my travel tickets are good.....provide what you have as required in checklist
Thank you so much Wakki. Sorry for the delayed reply. I was quite unwell and didn't get to check the forum for few days.

I appreciate your kind reply. Could you or someone help with another question

1. My wife signed and dated the forms and mailed it to me (except for my sign and date in form 1344 and 5532) but I have missed sending application on that date due to my down health. I am hoping to send the app in the next few days. Please advise what do I do. Should I ask her to mail me new forms with another date? Or should I sign my forms with the same date? Or is it ok if I sign my forms with the date of sending the application?

Is it ok to have two different dates on the forms?

2. In the photos (wedding and all other for different trips, events, functions, travels etc.), whose name do we put behind the photo. Is it principal applicant or sponsor?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017

you can have two different dates on the forms.....if applicant is abroad, its very unlikely that both hand sign the form on same day.

applicant and describe context