+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship for failed refugee claimant

Jadetol

Dec 3, 2018
Hello All,

I will really appreciate if someone after reading my thread can give me the best advice. Tho i posted previously but did not get much response.

I came into Canada as a refugee claimant. Fast forward to first week of October. my judicial review came out and it failed as i expected. Now, i have a girlfriend who has a child for me, my kid was one in september. We share an apartment since beginning of the year, i pay her insurance, she is on my work medical insurance, she is a joint signatory to my salary acct because she dont work, she spends from that account. We should have gotten married since but i wanted to be sure i really was ready so was waiting on the outcome of my refugee claims. We have loads of pictures from baby birth, dedication, spouse birthday, to my kid's birthday.

We decided and got married in November since we have come a long way finally. But now i dont know what to do next. Should i file for HnC while waiting months for a marriage certificate so we can put in our application or just take the risk and wait for the last piece of document needed to further my spousal application. But i am scared, i dont know if i will be called by CBSA or what can go wrong with this few time i have left been out of status.

Guys that know much what do you advice, i wish to wait so i get it write by applying when my marriage certificate is out but is it wise? Going for HnC right now means paying lawyers money i really dont have ( all my earnings been going to lawyers lol).

Also note, my wife is a protected person who just did her landing a month before our wedding. Her PR card is yet to come also. Is this a barrier? I dont know how much time i have left.

Someone pls advice me, if you need more info pls ask me.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.