+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spousal sponsorship for Egypt (new thread)

Free_Bird12

Dec 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi egytabeb
Ive not received the AOR ,nothing but" in process" on E-cas ,the waiting and no progress is frustrating ,what about you any news?

thumper_16

Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,
I am sponsoring my husband to come here from Egypt to Canada and his application began processing in Cairo on Nov 22/09, We still haven't recieved AOR yet and all it says on Ecas is "in process". is this normal?? We are getting a little concerned due to the fact that his medical(the medical records he had to provide when we sent in the application) expires somtime in late may! Has anyone had an experience like this or should we be trying to find out what is going on? It seems a little strange to me to wait this long.....any info would be GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks!

Seems like a silly question but if you recieve an email from them stating that "Dear Madam/Sir,

This will confirm that we have received your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Your application has been assigned the file number indicated above, please take note of it for future reference" Is this the AOR that we are supposed to recieve???

egytabeb

May 15, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi thumper_16
wellcome , i think ur situation is normal the average time for sponsorship at Cairo office from 5 to 11 months ,
so u still within normal range.
about the medical results its valid for 12 months .
and the AOR not the email u got its a letter u should receive it by mail
but i didnt receive it until now .
hope u got all the answers u need
Hussein

thumper_16

Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Egytabeb,

I am still unsure since the email letter we recieved sounded exactly like an acknowledgement letter but I really have no idea. And as for the medical, My husband did it in May of 2009 and it says it expires in May of 2010 so I don't know if they extend it if they are taking longer to make a desicion??? I don't even know if it is a big deal to be concerned with it.

I keep getting so much conflicting information from so many different sources I just don' know what to think anymore! Gets very frustrating, which, I am sure many many people here have gone thru the same thing.

A friend of ours went thru a situation to come to canada. He went for his interview(which I heard was a long time in coming) and about a month after his interview he got a visa, but they said he had to get to Canada in 4 days!!!!!!! otherwise he would have to re-apply due to the expiry date of his applicaion or his medical( not exactly sure what the expiry date was for) Has anyone ever heard of a similar situation to that?

moheb

Star Member
Jan 28, 2010
Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi thumper_16

1- yes what u have received on ur email is the AOR
2- your application is talking longer than the average time of the routine cases at Cairo office (spend some time to review the previous thread of sposring spouse from Egypt and compare times also check www . trackitt . com)
3- you can email them or request ur CAIPS to know what is wrong with your app.

amibhi

Nov 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
05 Mar 2010
AOR Received.
05 Mar 2010
Passport Req..
01 Sep 10
VISA ISSUED...
07 Set 10
thumper_16 said:
Thanks Egytabeb,

I am still unsure since the email letter we recieved sounded exactly like an acknowledgement letter but I really have no idea. And as for the medical, My husband did it in May of 2009 and it says it expires in May of 2010 so I don't know if they extend it if they are taking longer to make a desicion??? I don't even know if it is a big deal to be concerned with it.

I keep getting so much conflicting information from so many different sources I just don' know what to think anymore! Gets very frustrating, which, I am sure many many people here have gone thru the same thing.

A friend of ours went thru a situation to come to canada. He went for his interview(which I heard was a long time in coming) and about a month after his interview he got a visa, but they said he had to get to Canada in 4 days!!!!!!! otherwise he would have to re-apply due to the expiry date of his applicaion or his medical( not exactly sure what the expiry date was for) Has anyone ever heard of a similar situation to that?
Hi thumper_16,
Looks like you'll have to redo the medical, the visa office will probably send you a notice of when they need it. My husband recieved AOR a few weeks ago. We had something missing in our app, so he had to send it over to the office. The AOR said that from the date they started working on PR, it can take up to 6 months to be approved. It usually doesn't take that long unless there's something wrong.
It takes time, and I know it's frustrating and difficult. I hope we'll all hear some good news soon.

egytabeb

May 15, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi thumper
dont worry u still have 2 months within the normal range and it differs from case to another dont listen to alot of people , some people they dont ask for intreview for others they ask , they do what they can to be sure ur relation is genuine not only for immigration purpose ,and about the immigration visa yes it expires at the same day of expiry of the medical results ,
repeating again the time at cairo from 5 to 11 months
some people 5 months and others 10 or 11 months .
hope best wishes for all here , free bird , amibhi,thumper &moheb

thumper_16

Mar 29, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks everybody for taking the time to answer! :D Yes I have been noticing on here that everyone has different circumstances. I think the visa offices just like to keep everyone guessing! I had sent a lot of evidence with my application(pics, copies of msn conversations with differnet members of family, videos, copies of plane tickets, gifts both given and recieved) and they sent it all back saying that they didn't need it!! Crazy! anyway, thanks again everyone! I hope everyone's process goes thru smoothly and quickly!

egytabeb

May 15, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
egytabeb said:
hi freebird
i didnt receive the AOR yet , but dont worry i know other friends they took the permanent resident card and didnt get this letter with no update on ecas , it will take some time , and u can log by ur name using the immigration file number u got at the AOR letter.
take care
salam

Free_Bird12

Dec 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey guys !! got news!! i hope good ;) ,they sent me an email saying they requested my passport to be sent to the Canadian embassy ,i hope that means ill be issued soon ,any one know the time between sending passport and getting it back ,and does that mean i wont need to take an interview
good luck to all ,i feel ill be hearing good news about all your applications soon

moheb

Star Member
Jan 28, 2010
Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations Free_Bird

you will get ur passport back very soon its a matter of a week or two

congratulations again i'm happy for you.

Apr 15, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2010
AOR Received.
04-06-2010
File Transfer...
01-25-2010
Med's Done....
11-29-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-13-2010
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2010
LANDED..........
08-20-2010
Hi All,

Im new to this forum and all the info is a great help with timelines. How do I add my timeline to my profile? I just notices on ecase today that my file is now "In Process" woo hoo.. Im sure I have lots of waiting still but atleast the status has finally changed.

Best of luck to all..

Alisha :eek:)

moheb

Star Member
Jan 28, 2010
Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Welcome onboard Alisha!

choose "profile" from the menu at the top of the page then from the left menu in the profile page select "Forum Profile Information" then edit your signature and put ur timeline

Moheb

egyptlover2010 said:
Hi All,

Im new to this forum and all the info is a great help with timelines. How do I add my timeline to my profile? I just notices on ecase today that my file is now "In Process" woo hoo.. Im sure I have lots of waiting still but atleast the status has finally changed.

Best of luck to all..

Alisha :eek:)

nosawasfy

Star Member
Mar 30, 2010
Visa Office......
cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
بليز يا جماعة يا ريت حد يساعدنى انا الفايل بتاعى وصل يوم 8/3/2010
والى الان لا يوجد اى جديد هل من احد يساعدنى لمعرفة كم من الوقت انتظر حتى يصلنى اول جواب ؟