+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spousal sponsorship for Egypt (new thread)

amibhi

Nov 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
05 Mar 2010
AOR Received.
05 Mar 2010
Passport Req..
01 Sep 10
VISA ISSUED...
07 Set 10
Hi folks,
There is another thread at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t8129.0.html and I have noticed there hasn't been any activity for almost a month. I'm wondering if there are any other one's like me around in this forum. If you go to the link above, there's lot of info for procedures and paperwork etc. I was hoping to share timelines as it can be quite helpful, and since that thread has gotten quite long, maybe it would be good. I have posted as someone else here: POETRESSE, but I lost the login password and had to make a new ID.
I'm Canadian and my husband is Egyptian. I got married almost a year ago and it took some time for my hubby to get the papers done in Cairo.
To post yours, you can do so through your profile. Good luck to everyone.
Ami :)

U

umm aisha

wow i needed a thread like this

i am a wife in egypt ........

but we don't have the same time line

i am still waiting for my approval letter

amibhi

Nov 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
05 Mar 2010
AOR Received.
05 Mar 2010
Passport Req..
01 Sep 10
VISA ISSUED...
07 Set 10
Hi Ummm Aisha,
Welcome to the thread. I hope others will find it useful. Good luck to you

Free_Bird12

Dec 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi im also a wife being sponsored by my husband who is a Canadian permanent resident ,Ive been in this process since October and my time line is

24.11.09 Sent App
27.11.09 CPC-M Rec'd App
15.12.09 "Made Decision"
22.12.09 Rec'd Letter
23.12.09 sent APP to QUEBEC
20.1.2010. Received letter CSQ FROM QUEBEC
NOTHING ON MY ECAS SINCE!!

amibhi

Nov 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
05 Mar 2010
AOR Received.
05 Mar 2010
Passport Req..
01 Sep 10
VISA ISSUED...
07 Set 10
Welcome to the thread Free_Bird :). Looks like our timelines are pretty close. Good luck.

Free_Bird12

Dec 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was wondering is it a good Idea to go to the Visa office in Cairo and give them a copy of the sponsorship approval letter and the CSQ to speed things up or will this only delay things?

also does any one have previous experience on how much time it takes to get any news form Cairo visa office after sponsorship approval?

amibhi

Nov 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
05 Mar 2010
AOR Received.
05 Mar 2010
Passport Req..
01 Sep 10
VISA ISSUED...
07 Set 10
RE: I was wondering is it a good Idea to go to the Visa office in Cairo and give them a copy of the sponsorship approval letter and the CSQ to speed things up or will this only delay things?

also does any one have previous experience on how much time it takes to get any news form Cairo visa office after sponsorship approval?

Hi FREE_BIRD,

I've been told by someone that already went thru this process with Cairo that the status on ecase doesn't change. They will contact us for the passport to issue the visa and that's it.

I only found this out last night. I've been checking on ecase everyday. So now that I know, I won't be checking anymore. It shows that minimum is 5 months. If you like you can also keep track of other applicants at www.trackitt.com.

I hope everything goes well with your application.
Ami

egytabeb

May 15, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi amibhi , the canadian embassy called me yesterday , they told me to send 4 pics , i told them i already sent the pics with file ,they said nothhing in the file u should resend again , if they called anyone plz post here,,,
salam

Free_Bird12

Dec 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi egytayeb & amibhi
my latest updates that finally it says on the e-case in process :),but still nothing by phone or mail from the embasy ,i dont know what that means and how much time i have to wait?
egytabeb i think them asking for 4 pics is strange cuse usually they check this out during the sponser approval stage have u got ur sponser approval yet?

amibhi

Nov 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
05 Mar 2010
AOR Received.
05 Mar 2010
Passport Req..
01 Sep 10
VISA ISSUED...
07 Set 10
Hi Free-bird and egyptabeb,

My ecas has not changed! How come, I have no clue but this is frustrating!
Free-bird, you mentioned that you sent you've been in this process since October yet your post shows that you sent your app in November. Can you please post your app progress in your profile as that makes it easier. At least your status has changed...although, not sure what that means.
Egyptabeb, not sure why they would ask for the pics. I have not heard anything as of yet.

You can see a chart http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp showing how many months it takes for Cairo to process: Cairo 5, 7, 9, and 11 months.
We just gotta keep waiting!
Ami

egytabeb

May 15, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, freebird ,amibhi ,
sure i got sponsorship approval , i was travelling to canada by visitor visa , i got back last 17 january , and i got the approval by my self , anyway on my ecas i see that in process and infront of ( medical results ) and (approval status determined ND (permanent resident status ) wrote decesion made at this point .
but anyway it will never take less than 5 to 6 months u should all know that.
salam

amibhi

Nov 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
05 Mar 2010
AOR Received.
05 Mar 2010
Passport Req..
01 Sep 10
VISA ISSUED...
07 Set 10
Hi egyptabeb
Mine just says under Sponsorship Application Status: Decision Made. Under Permanent Residence Application Status: Not Available. You're lucky to get a visitor's visa, I'm told it is difficult to get one, you have to prove without a doubt that you'd return to Egypt.
I'll keep waiting.....and waiting
Ami

egytabeb

May 15, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes i was lucky , i proved for them i am wokring at private hospital and i am intending to get back and i kept my promise :)

Free_Bird12

Dec 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey ,any news anybody,
somtimes i wonder why it takes that much time in the embasy to review our papers!!? what do they do all this time? the sponsership was evaluated once they had the papers in thier hands it took 1 day to evalute the paper even if it was one month to get to my turn what do they do for 5 month ::)

amibhi

Nov 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
05 Mar 2010
AOR Received.
05 Mar 2010
Passport Req..
01 Sep 10
VISA ISSUED...
07 Set 10
I guess I shouldn't have checked ecas before bedtime lol cause there's a change in the PR APP :) It's in process. I so excited I can't sleep!
And now more waiting lol :D