+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship & financial obligation.

AngelB

May 13, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 7th 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 26th 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 11th 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 23rd 2010
LANDED..........
Nov 26th 2010
I am sponsoring my husband (Outland), and I have a question. I remember being told previously that I did not require the ability to fully support him financially since he's my husband, not a child. The problem is that I have been a student for the past 12 months, so I was only working part-time, and therefore my income wasn't impressive. I was going to include a note explaining this, but I was hoping somebody here could clear this up for me.

Do I need to show proof that I can fully support him financially for those three years?

Also, how do I make it known I would like to have the application processed in Buffalo?
Can I send everything in a large envelope? (Pictures, forms, proof of relationship etc)

Thank you. Greatly appreciated!

I

iarblue

There is no income requirement,you dont have to prove what you make.And having a part time job while attending courses is perfectly fine.
As to applying via Buffalo, can you tell us where your husband is from im assuming the US if so yes you put on his papers that you want it,processed in the buffalo visa office.
On the sponsorship portion, it will ask for your job info and your education.You dont have to prove you can support him for the three years they just assume you will as it is a requirement.

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
AngelB said:
Also, how do I make it known I would like to have the application processed in Buffalo?
In the instructions, Part 3 states the following:

"Part 3: Information guides specific to geographic regions

Specific instructions that sponsored relatives must follow vary according to their place of residence.

The list below has specific instructions by geographical region that sponsored relatives must follow according to where they live. "

So if your spouse is located in the United States then the application is automatically processed in Buffalo so you dont have to make it known that you want the application processed in Buffalo. The Region Specific forms will ask you where you want to have an interview if one is required and that is where you select Seattle, or Detroit, LA or NY. You cant pick where your visa application is processed, just where the interview will take place (I am guessing your spouse is in the US).

AngelB

May 13, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 7th 2010
File Transfer...
Oct 26th 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 11th 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 23rd 2010
LANDED..........
Nov 26th 2010
Yes, my spouse is in the US.

Thank you SO much for the useful information!

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
iarblue said:
There is no income requirement,you dont have to prove what you make.And having a part time job while attending courses is perfectly fine.
Although there is no sponsorship requirement, the sponsorship application asks that you obtain a letter of employment stating terms of contract, hours, salary and length of employment. What they use that for, is by my understanding, a way to determine if you will be able to support your husband when they arrive... But I dont really know what weight that can carry when they state that there is no income requirement. So you dont have to have a job, but if you do you are going to have to provide a statement of employment. Not sure if that answers the OP's question or not.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You can send in everything in a large envelope.

You have to include info about your education and employment history on the forms. A part-time job while studying is fine. The income requirements are waived for someone sponsoring a spouse. That means to be accepted as a sponsor you do not need any income, but you still agree to be financially responsible for your spouse for three years.
So you don't need an income, but when the visa officer is processing your file, he/she is going to be looking for evidence that you have a genuine relationship. One test of a genuine relationship (according to the CIC guidelines) is the plans a couple has for their future together. So you should include evidence that you and your spouse have discussed your future together and have made plans to live together. If you don't have much of an income now, then you should include info on what your spouse is going to do to make money in Canada - bank account info, if he has money in the bank; evidence of land he will sell to finance your life together; evidence you will finish your course by ... and will then start working at ... or will be looking for work; the deed for a house you own.
If you have little income, and there is no evidence your spouse is looking for a job in Canada or will prpbably be able to support the two of you, the visa officer may come to the conclusion the two of you have not talked about your financial future together. If you haven't discussed this, it sounds like a fake marriage, so no visa.

Don't worry, though - a Canadian/American couple has the easiest time of it getting accepted. Just include evidence of your future plans, and your low income now will not be a problem.

Amahmood

Mar 18, 2016
I am sponsoring my wife she lives in Pakistan.
I wanted to know does whatsapp calls and facebook messenger calls are ok to send in as phone call logs, because whatsapp calls actually tell you the day time and the lenght of the call and also states wether its incoming or outgoing call
because we dont use skype

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Amahmood said:
I am sponsoring my wife she lives in Pakistan.
I wanted to know does whatsapp calls and facebook messenger calls are ok to send in as phone call logs, because whatsapp calls actually tell you the day time and the lenght of the call and also states wether its incoming or outgoing call
because we dont use skype
Yes, that is fine to send in.

You should in the future create your own thread or post in an appropriate thread related to your question.