+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship - Final Stage

blader

Jul 24, 2017
Hi All,

Our case is finally concluding and my wife got positive PR decision and a request to submit passport for visa in order to enter Canada (from Russia).

However, my wife already has a multi-entry 5-year travel visa since she visited me on multiple occasions in Canada. The document she got states that if she doesn't require a visa to enter Canada then she does not need to submit her passport but only its photocopy instead.

Basically I have 2 questions:

1) Is her travel visa still acceptable to enter Canada or will she have another type of visa for PR that needs to be inserted in her passport and hence she will have to submit her passport anyway?

2) What is a turnaround time to get the passport back (in case she does need to submit it) ? We are going on vacation together in June and want to make sure that she will have her passport back by then. She still has time to submit the passport and photos after the vacation is concluded which gives us about 2.5 weeks from a 60 day duration window.

Thank You,
Alex

blader

Jul 24, 2017
Thank you Wakki!

I think we will wait until we are back from vacation and she will submit her passport then:)