+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship - Family Class - Explanation letter

jp_88

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
Hi Everyone,
I'm looking for some help here. I'm a permanent resident of Canada, recently married and my wife is Indian resident. Ours is a arranged marriage and is less than 2 years. I'm supposed to write an explanation letter as per the document checklist.

From the checklist document:
I'm unable to provide documents from a minimum of two of the above sets of options. I am instead submitting a written explanation for why these are
not available. I am also providing any other evidence I have to demonstrate that my relationship is genuine.

I'm looking for some sample letter that I could use as a start point to prepare my letter. Please help!

Thanks!

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi Everyone,
I'm looking for some help here. I'm a permanent resident of Canada, recently married and my wife is Indian resident. Ours is a arranged marriage and is less than 2 years. I'm supposed to write an explanation letter as per the document checklist.

From the checklist document:
I'm unable to provide documents from a minimum of two of the above sets of options. I am instead submitting a written explanation for why these are
not available. I am also providing any other evidence I have to demonstrate that my relationship is genuine.

I'm looking for some sample letter that I could use as a start point to prepare my letter. Please help!

Thanks!
is this regarding cohab proof?

Reactions: joash9292

jp_88

Star Member
Jun 18, 2015
There is a section in check-list document asks to submit atleast 2 documents out of 4 such as employment/insurance benefit showing spouse, document evidence of financial support, proof of past cohab and proof from Family or friends. But I can only provide 1 document which is a letter from friend or family. In that case, I need to provide an explanation letter.

Thanks!

KelseyKk

Aug 14, 2020
There is a section in check-list document asks to submit atleast 2 documents out of 4 such as employment/insurance benefit showing spouse, document evidence of financial support, proof of past cohab and proof from Family or friends. But I can only provide 1 document which is a letter from friend or family. In that case, I need to provide an explanation letter.

Thanks!
I’ll private message you a copy of the letter I wrote for my husband and I. I’m a Canadian citizen, and we’re long distance, and didn’t live together when I was living in his country (S.Korea) because that was the beginning of our relationship. We also are self sufficient and don’t send each other money as support. So we only had the letters as well.

Ours wasn’t an arranged marriage so I’m sure some parts you’ll have to address that as well, but hopefully mine can give you some guidance.

Pinkyk

Apr 10, 2017
I’ll private message you a copy of the letter I wrote for my husband and I. I’m a Canadian citizen, and we’re long distance, and didn’t live together when I was living in his country (S.Korea) because that was the beginning of our relationship. We also are self sufficient and don’t send each other money as support. So we only had the letters as well.

Ours wasn’t an arranged marriage so I’m sure some parts you’ll have to address that as well, but hopefully mine can give you some guidance.
Hi @KelseyKk I am looking for a sample letter for the very same requirement. I searched for sample letters online but couldn't find any. Could you please help me with a sample letter format? Much appreciate your response. Thanks.

KelseyKk

Aug 14, 2020
Hi @KelseyKk I am looking for a sample letter for the very same requirement. I searched for sample letters online but couldn't find any. Could you please help me with a sample letter format? Much appreciate your response. Thanks.
Hi Pinky,

I am so sorry I didn't see this reply. I can obviously send you the letter I wrote but I am assuming you are past that by this point? Sorry again!

Pinkyk

Apr 10, 2017
Hi Pinky,

I am so sorry I didn't see this reply. I can obviously send you the letter I wrote but I am assuming you are past that by this point? Sorry again!
Hi @KelseyKk Please do share the letter format. Really appreciate your response. I am messaging you, please check your messages. Thanks a lot.