+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship Evidence of Relationship

chaos_flower

Feb 23, 2007
Hi,

I hired an immigration lawyer, currently being overcharged haha common story I'm sure, anywho
I am the canadian citizen sponsoring my US citizen husband (whos getting out of the military soon)

We have done all our todo's medical, background, whatever else the lawyer told us to do. Anyways, so for the application you have to provide evidence of your relationship and to the answers to the questions asked.

My problem is that i have TOO MUCH relavent information and evidence to everything they asked. I put it together in an easy to navigate binder. After I did that I read on the CIC that they don't want the photos and evidence to be in a binder or anything metal for security purposes. I have a whole 1 1/2 inch binder thick full of stuff as it is.
I also had a dvd copy of our wedding that i was going to add in for evidence but they said they don't want DVDs either. So any suggestions on

1.) what is the most relavent documents?
E-mails? Travel itineraries (for proof of trips), pictures?, love letters? letters from friends?

and what kind of holder do you suggest for keeping all my evidence documents together?

I am having a really hard time narrowing what I got down to make all the stuff that I have smaller as it proves everything that I say in my answers and I don't want to look like I don't have evidence to back up what i say.

Is there even a limit on how much evidence to provide?

or maybe you could tell me how much evidence you have sent out yourselves.

Feb 13, 2007
Hi,

I'm in the same position. I'm sending out my loose wedding photos, engagement photos, property deeds with both our names on it (I'm not sure about this one). Wills and the birth certificate for our son as well as photos of our son when he was born as well as christams photos throughout the years. We got some photo portraits as well with the family in canada.

Not sure if this is enough but it should be sufficient to let them know that this is a valid relationship.

thesa2388

Feb 28, 2007
chaos_flower said:
Hi,

I hired an immigration lawyer, currently being overcharged haha common story I'm sure, anywho
I am the canadian citizen sponsoring my US citizen husband (whos getting out of the military soon)

We have done all our todo's medical, background, whatever else the lawyer told us to do. Anyways, so for the application you have to provide evidence of your relationship and to the answers to the questions asked.

My problem is that i have TOO MUCH relavent information and evidence to everything they asked. I put it together in an easy to navigate binder. After I did that I read on the CIC that they don't want the photos and evidence to be in a binder or anything metal for security purposes. I have a whole 1 1/2 inch binder thick full of stuff as it is.
I also had a dvd copy of our wedding that i was going to add in for evidence but they said they don't want DVDs either. So any suggestions on

1.) what is the most relavent documents?
E-mails? Travel itineraries (for proof of trips), pictures?, love letters? letters from friends?

and what kind of holder do you suggest for keeping all my evidence documents together?

I am having a really hard time narrowing what I got down to make all the stuff that I have smaller as it proves everything that I say in my answers and I don't want to look like I don't have evidence to back up what i say.

Is there even a limit on how much evidence to provide?

or maybe you could tell me how much evidence you have sent out yourselves.

Hi chaos_flower, u can send screenshots while chatting with ur hubby, email, chatlogs, pictures must be loose, send them as it is just write captions at the back of the pics, letters, cards, phone or internet bills, place ticket, western union receipts if u have...etc. anythng that u think can help proove that ur relationship ig continious & genuine........