+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spousal sponsorship-child dependent has only 1 parent signed inbirth certificate

ainex_francois

Star Member
Apr 2, 2010
Taif, Saudi Arabia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi! Can somebody please answer me?

I am married to a Canadian resident and we are both from the Philippines,met him 2011,I have a 1-yr old child
already by that time.Our papers are all ready to be submitted with old and new pics and marriage certs(we got married feb 2015)& docs. Im so confused with the dependent needed documents. I have the birth certificate of my son and his baptismal certificate as well,I am the only parent who signed because the father refused to acknowledge him when I told him I was pregnant years ago. Is the birth cert & baptismal cert enough for CIC?Or should I have a letter from the other parent saying I have the full custody of the child?? But I dont know where he is now and we have no contact since he refused me & my son that day? Or should I explain to CIC about my son not acknowledged by his biological father?

Please help!

JonathanFEU

Mar 14, 2017
Hi! Hope you still remember me! anyway if you can read this Mam Ruth wants to contact you. I could PM her email if you wish. thanks. Sorry for butting in.