+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship checklist minor error

IMDG

Mar 29, 2020
Hi. We already sent our application and we just noticed now that we answered one of the questions wrong. We misunderstood it. The question was part of the checklist.

IMM 5533, Page 8 of 10
Have you and your sponsor been married for a minimum of two years?

We answered 'Yes' instead of 'No'.

I'm very worried right now. Would it greatly impact our application?

Any insight would be helpful. Thank you.

VKD

Sep 10, 2020
It was about weeks ago. I haven't received AOR yet.

web form won’t work... but u can call the call centre and ask about this....
As per my experience in immigration for last 6 years......there r 50-50 chances of application being returned with the reason that documents are incomplete. Because the visa officer checks the documents as per What u have marked in the checklist.

secondly if the visa officer is nice and she noticed your marriage date is not more than 2 years, she will follow as per your documents in the file and will notice the error in the checklist.

pray to God... my prayers r with you.

thank u

Reactions: PaoTalamantesh

IMDG

Mar 29, 2020
web form won’t work... but u can call the call centre and ask about this....
As per my experience in immigration for last 6 years......there r 50-50 chances of application being returned with the reason that documents are incomplete. Because the visa officer checks the documents as per What u have marked in the checklist.

secondly if the visa officer is nice and she noticed your marriage date is not more than 2 years, she will follow as per your documents in the file and will notice the error in the checklist.

pray to God... my prayers r with you.

thank u
Ok. I will call in the Monday. Thank you so much.