JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
Hopefully they’re okay but regardless it’s almost the end of a very long journey!
That's precisely my thought too. A slight delay already knowing everything is approved is a load lifted and now a week's delay seems insignificant. Good luck with the rest of the process. Please keep us updated to give us hope! Good luck.

Reactions: Gtiffen

Jillypk

Oct 12, 2019
That's precisely my thought too. A slight delay already knowing everything is approved is a load lifted and now a week's delay seems insignificant. Good luck with the rest of the process. Please keep us updated to give us hope! Good luck.
Sorry not sure why half my previous response was cut off. I had tried to say passport was only received yesterday as he was waiting to get back to Bogotá ( from his hometown saying goodbye) to take the pictures assuming they would *hopefully* have a better chance of being correct.
It’s been 4 years together, 18 months since starting the application and 8 months since we’ve seen each other
(after visits every 2-4 months previously) so I’m just so happy and thankful. I’m wishing you all the best as well.

albertan2019

Star Member
May 29, 2019
Sorry not sure why half my previous response was cut off. I had tried to say passport was only received yesterday as he was waiting to get back to Bogotá ( from his hometown saying goodbye) to take the pictures assuming they would *hopefully* have a better chance of being correct.
It’s been 4 years together, 18 months since starting the application and 8 months since we’ve seen each other
(after visits every 2-4 months previously) so I’m just so happy and thankful. I’m wishing you all the best as well.
18 months? unacceptable, Bogota VO is one of the top worst processing visa offices, congratulations give me hope to hear that finally, this office is approving and finishing applications.

Reactions: JohnnyToronto

Jillypk

Oct 12, 2019
18 months? unacceptable, Bogota VO is one of the top worst processing visa offices, congratulations give me hope to hear that finally, this office is approving and finishing applications.
Sorry, I should clarify the application was received a little over 15 months ago but we started completing the forms etc 18 months ago which included a trip there during that time. It’s actually gone quite smoothly considering he also needed a police certificate from Mexico (We even had someone there doing the work for us which sped it up) and Covid slowing things down. I can’t complain and I’m just so happy it’s almost finished.

Jillypk

Oct 12, 2019
Sorry, I should clarify the application was received a little over 15 months ago but we started completing the forms etc 18 months ago which included a trip there during that time. It’s actually gone quite smoothly considering he also needed a police certificate from Mexico (We even had someone there doing the work for us which sped it up) and Covid slowing things down. I can’t complain and I’m just so happy it’s almost finished.
It took 4 months to get the police certificate from Mexico.

• Wow

Gtiffen

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
YES!! Just got the email moments after JohnnyToronto did, advising that application is now complete and pickup passport ready Wednesday! Unreal to finally be finished this part of the journey!

JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
Passport with foil & COPR letter picked up by my wife (PA) in Bogota at the Canadian Embassy this morning. (They only give a 2 hour window 8am to 10am on Wednesday mornings for pick up. Took less than 10 minutes.
They returned the bulk of the application contents as well, receipts for proof of travel, all 20 photos, etc.
Time to look at flights!!

Reactions: Jillypk and Gtiffen

Jillypk

Oct 12, 2019
Congrats to you as well! He has everything ready to go on his end so no need to wait. Nothing special has ti be done to travel other than quarantine plans on arrival.
Wow! Not wasting any time! Congrats to you!!! What steps need to be taken to travel out of the country? My wife isn't coming until January.