14-09-2014
AOR Received.
03-12-2014
File Transfer...
03-12-2014
Interview........
To be scheduled
fab said:
oh geez, still not news for you ! I hear you I'm at 3 months since S/A and still Nothing!!!

have you tried sending them an e-mail ?

also what's the status of the app in ecas?
I sent an e-mail a few weeks ago and no response yet, I think I might request the notes this week..
As for my ECAS i beleive it says application received?
I couldn't take the waiting, I booked a flight to Colombia and going to see my husband next week.
Three and a half weeks off work to see him won't even be enough lol.
People in the Express entry are landing in THREE months!
What about the families that have been torn apart?
I'm sorry I'm a little sour lol! but we have gone through enough, everyone one of us that are in the same boat.

jennjj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota-Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-15-2014
Wow :( Looks like we are all looking at at least a 6 month wait i guess. I've only been waiting 2 months since AOR2 and it already feels like so long and i get crazy thinking about when i'll hear something....

Please everyone join in and let's keep eachother posted, because at least it helps me to know that not having heard anything yet is normal....

I really hope everyone waiting for so long hears news soon.. it's really not fair :(

Shy93

Feb 24, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2014
AOR Received.
03-12-2014
File Transfer...
03-12-2014
Interview........
To be scheduled
Like I said I e-mail Bogota a few weeks ago, I have gotten a reply!
Maybe not what I wanted but atleast things are moving.

They told me that:
My application is in queue for an interview and that they will contact me when they have set a date.
And no further effort is needed on my side right now.

Interviews sometimes suck but atleast we are seeing some changes..

Shy93

Feb 24, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2014
AOR Received.
03-12-2014
File Transfer...
03-12-2014
Interview........
To be scheduled
I know I was a little discouraged yesterday, but I hope I didn't rub that off on anyone else.
Everyones case is a little different, mine being one of the more difficult ones.
I don't expect easier cases to be as long of waits as mine. No worries everyone lol your time is coming soon.
Patience is key :)

My biggest thing now is what should we expect from an interview?

jennjj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota-Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-15-2014
Shy93 said:
I know I was a little discouraged yesterday, but I hope I didn't rub that off on anyone else.
Everyones case is a little different, mine being one of the more difficult ones.
I don't expect easier cases to be as long of waits as mine. No worries everyone lol your time is coming soon.
Patience is key :)

My biggest thing now is what should we expect from an interview?
May i ask if the applicant is directly from Bogota?? I'm wondering if being in queue for the interview means everyone applying in Bogota will have to wait a little longer. But that's actually really good news, i guess it means your a step closer! I mean they've already reviewed your file, maybe after the interview they will ask for your passport and all done...
I found a link on another forum that has sample questions for the interview. From what i've read it's really routine questions just to make sure you are a ligit couple..

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t12122.0.html;msg46158#msg46158

I hope that link helps a little!

huertdiaz

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
jennjj said:
I think it depends where they are applying from. I think if the applicant is from colombia you have to wait. In my case my husband is from Ecuador, but we go through the Bogota office and our app package asked to send the backround check together with the app. Where is the applicant from?
Hi jennjj,

Thank you for your reply.
Yes, every country from where you need to ask the background check has its own rules...
In the past, when requesting for Colombia, I was certain that the background check could be sent without request.
I had the same question a while back when I was sponsoring my wife, and there was no issue with requesting it upfront with the Application number once the AOR2 from Bogota was received. Now, I'm not so sure anymore as the info in the CIC website changed. They now have two companies that perform the background check.

According to the spreadsheet Lamika04 and fab sent the background check without request.
I was wondering if they have any information that could shed some light ::)

fab

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
BOGOTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2014
Doc's Request.
25-11-2014
AOR Received.
24-01-2015/Aor2 27-02-2015
File Transfer...
16-02-2015
Med's Done....
15-09-2014
hey huertdiaz,

yes I did send the background check after the AOR2, they haven't told me anything yet so it seems it's no big deal !

Shy93

Feb 24, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2014
AOR Received.
03-12-2014
File Transfer...
03-12-2014
Interview........
To be scheduled
jennjj said:
May i ask if the applicant is directly from Bogota?? I'm wondering if being in queue for the interview means everyone applying in Bogota will have to wait a little longer. But that's actually really good news, i guess it means your a step closer! I mean they've already reviewed your file, maybe after the interview they will ask for your passport and all done...
I found a link on another forum that has sample questions for the interview. From what i've read it's really routine questions just to make sure you are a ligit couple..

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t12122.0.html;msg46158#msg46158

I hope that link helps a little!
Yes directly from Bogota, however like I said my case is not usual. We havn't sent medicals nor the security clearances. So they won't be requesting the passport after lol. We asked them if we could send the medical and policae report but they said not at this time wait till after the interview...

jennjj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota-Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-15-2014
Nothing??? Nobody?? Anybody?? :( ......... I'm getting so ansy......

lamika04

Apr 1, 2015
no :( it look like everything take more time than last year...i wonder if it's because of the new express entry... I just want to see that something change on the Ecas!!!!!

jennjj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota-Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-15-2014
I read about so many people already preparing to land in Canada and here we are with no answers, not knowing whats happening with our apps :( .... I wish Bogota would just give us a little more info, it's just so difficult not having an idea of when we will hear something. I was planning on having all my familly take a trip and be together for Christmas, i was so sure before that we'd have my husband's papers by then; but now i'm really just nervous:( ???

I feel like my application is really straight forward or at least i thought so.. Now i'm just questioning everything and whether i should have added more details :(

lamika04

Apr 1, 2015
i feel you...going back to canada today, without my husband and my little girl again ;( Heartbroken!

fab

Oct 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
BOGOTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2014
Doc's Request.
25-11-2014
AOR Received.
24-01-2015/Aor2 27-02-2015
File Transfer...
16-02-2015
Med's Done....
15-09-2014
PASSPORT REQUESTED!

jennjj

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota-Colombia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2015
AOR Received.
12-03-2015
File Transfer...
15-03-2015
Med's Done....
12-15-2014
fab said:
PASSPORT REQUESTED!
OMG! I literally almost jumped out of my seat, that's so exciting!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats, i'm so happy for you!!! ;D

Quick question: is this the first email you received from them, or what contact have you had??

JW82

Jun 11, 2015
Hello everybody I'm new to this forum but I am in the middle of my case for my wife who is from Colombia to come to canada. Some background on our case, our application was received by the consulate on November 27, 2014, I was approved as a sponsor for my wife on March 6, 2015, today I received a letter from the embassy about sending some updated information on schedule A background information and also a proof of payment for background verification. My question to any of you is does that mean I have to provide some kind of receipt for the proof of payment? Thanks