+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship Biometrics question

Sergey18

Jan 10, 2013
Hi everyone,

When we submitted application for spousal sponsorship we attached RCMP police certificate (like the one attached below) with fingerprints.
Today we received a reminder from the Mississauga processing center to submit a biometrics fee.

Do we need to do it or is it the same thing as rcmp biometrics below?

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
Hi everyone,

When we submitted application for spousal sponsorship we attached RCMP police certificate (like the one attached below) with fingerprints.
Today we received a reminder from the Mississauga processing center to submit a biometrics fee.

Do we need to do it or is it the same thing as rcmp biometrics below?

Both are different. This is from RCMP "criminal check report with fingerprints" and the other biometrics should be collected by service canada

Reactions: dw33

kingfintan

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Hello please do I need to pay for biometric when applying for inland sponsorship. Am an international student who gave biometric 2 years ago. I am confused. On the site it says do not give biometric if you have done that within the last 10 years. Should I still pay for it or no need.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello please do I need to pay for biometric when applying for inland sponsorship. Am an international student who gave biometric 2 years ago. I am confused. On the site it says do not give biometric if you have done that within the last 10 years. Should I still pay for it or no need.
You are applying under spousal sponsorship?

Normally it is required for all permanent resident applicants. Currently waived as a covid measure for those who have given the biometrics in last ten years.

You can risk not paying for it now, they will send a fee request when needed. But it may cause minor delays while that gets done. (Most who have paid it before the covid measure have eventually had the money refunded) So it's up to you if you value possibly saving a bit of time.