+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship application

shilpa.arya

May 15, 2010
Hi Folks,

I am a PR holder of Canada and am currently in UK. I got my PR last year in dec 09 and then went back to my home country where i got married. My husband applied for his Tier 1 visa and we both together moved to UK however few months down the lane we realised that Canada is out place to be. Now i have some concerns :
1. We are both planning to start a business and i want to register my business in Canada first ( how can i do it being in UK?)
2. Can i apply my spousal sponsorship from UK as i am travelling to various parts of the world for my business and then get it and both of us can move together to Canada to settle down? If not i can go to canada apply my case and can i move out as i can not staty for more than 10-15 days in the country as it will impact the supply of my raw materials.

I do not wish to leave my spouse and go to canada for longer time . Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

shilpa.arya said:
Hi Folks,

I am a PR holder of Canada and am currently in UK. I got my PR last year in dec 09 and then went back to my home country where i got married. My husband applied for his Tier 1 visa and we both together moved to UK however few months down the lane we realised that Canada is out place to be. Now i have some concerns :
1. We are both planning to start a business and i want to register my business in Canada first ( how can i do it being in UK?)
2. Can i apply my spousal sponsorship from UK as i am travelling to various parts of the world for my business and then get it and both of us can move together to Canada to settle down? If not i can go to canada apply my case and can i move out as i can not staty for more than 10-15 days in the country as it will impact the supply of my raw materials.

I do not wish to leave my spouse and go to canada for longer time . Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks
As a PR you have to reside in Canada during the processing of the spousal application. You leave, application will be refused under Regulation 130.

Sponsors

Sponsor
130. (1) Subject to subsection (2), a sponsor, for the purpose of sponsoring a foreign national who makes an application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the family class or an application to remain in Canada as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class under subsection 13(1) of the Act, must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who
(a) is at least 18 years of age;
(b) resides in Canada; and
(c) has filed a sponsorship application in respect of a member of the family class or the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class in accordance with section 10.

shilpa.arya

May 15, 2010
Thanks PMM

It was a really nice insight howevermy concern is i can be in Canada when i file the application, but can i leave after filing the application as my work demands a lot of travelling. Is there a way in which i can put my application and then move on for my business?

Hope there would be more to it which probably i am not aware of. Thanks once again and look forward to more advice

I

iarblue

If you are applying inland for a PR you must remain in Canada untill you get your PR.Thats the rules