+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship Application with No Wedding Reception

navdeep300

Star Member
Jun 4, 2017
Hi Everyone. I have some queries regarding the Picture that we will upload for Spousal Sponsorship. I am a PR and recently got married in India(Last week of November). It was an arranged marriage. We were introduced by a relative and We did a Ring Ceremony event along with party and everything with good amount of guests (Family, Friends and other relatives). Then we had a simple wedding ceremony next Day at Sikh Temple, we did the Sikh Rituals of marriage at Temple and have pictures of that (Family members and only close relatives attended the event). However, we didn't do a wedding reception since we already did the ring ceremony event and spent money on that with more guests and it didn't made sense to do another reception. Another thing was that my Father in Law had a flight to go back to Europe after 4 days of the marriage date, so in that short amount of time we didn't had the time to make all the arrangements for a big wedding event. Also, I am working from home and didn't had any vacations approved until last two weeks of December. I was reading several posts in the Forum where the applicants got interview requests or were asked questions about not having the wedding reception and it's pictures. Right now I am in a bit of confusion whether to apply for the Sponsorship or not. We will do a big reception party for the wedding next year in November or December. I can provide all the other documents necessary for the application except the reception part of the wedding.

1. Does anyone know if missing the reception will cause problems for my wife's application? Do they focus a lot on this even if we provide other proofs to support the application.
2. Is it fine to have engagement ceremony event and a simple wedding next day to that event. Can it cause questions?

I can provide - 1. Roka pictures 2. Engagement Event pictures 3. Wedding rituals Pictures at Sikh Temple with Family from both sides 4. Some trips or places visited after marriage pictures . Are they going to be enough or I should wait for next year to have the wedding reception photos. Please help.

Thanks!!