+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship application returned - need help

jaxdacool1

Nov 27, 2020
Category........
FAM
Hello folks,

As title mentioned, I had submitted my initial application for Outland sponsorship of my wife back in August 2020. This week I received the entire application back in mail because of a misunderstanding on my part regarding IMM5406. I have already paid all my fees but I have a few questions:

1) Can I re-submit my application with the existing documents including the existing signatures (signed March 2020)? I am the sponsor (Canadian citizen) and my wife (Principal applicant) is Indian. I am wondering if my application could be returned a second time if the signatures are considered to be stale (90 days or older since signing). The original application was signed in March 2020.

2) I called Immigration office this morning and asked about photograph validity and they mentioned I should be ok to resubmit the existing photographs of the applicant as long as I attach a justification letter (it is difficult to retrieve photographs right now)

3) Should I re-submit the application with the letter as well as the original form? Or just start over?

Feeling pretty helpless in these COVID times, any tips or guidance would be appreciated.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Hello folks,

As title mentioned, I had submitted my initial application for Outland sponsorship of my wife back in August 2020. This week I received the entire application back in mail because of a misunderstanding on my part regarding IMM5406. I have already paid all my fees but I have a few questions:

1) Can I re-submit my application with the existing documents including the existing signatures (signed March 2020)? I am the sponsor (Canadian citizen) and my wife (Principal applicant) is Indian. I am wondering if my application could be returned a second time if the signatures are considered to be stale (90 days or older since signing). The original application was signed in March 2020.

2) I called Immigration office this morning and asked about photograph validity and they mentioned I should be ok to resubmit the existing photographs of the applicant as long as I attach a justification letter (it is difficult to retrieve photographs right now)

3) Should I re-submit the application with the letter as well as the original form? Or just start over?

Feeling pretty helpless in these COVID times, any tips or guidance would be appreciated.
I would say, just relax and start over. with updated signatures. send them updated conversation(calls/texts/social media) evidence between you and your spouse, and any gift exchange evidence during all this waiting period. Any money transfer you did to your spousal support will also help. Don't lose hope.

A fresh start over will help you go through your application once again, and correct/catch any mistake which may have occurred last time.

I wish you luck and hope for faster processing this time.

For all other documents like PCC, Photographs, and other relevant documents and their translation should be good with old dates.

If you need any help please post on existing forums.

Reactions: jaxdacool1

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello folks,

Would unfortunately suggest getting all new signatures and even a picture. The signatures are quite old at this point. Not sure if there are special allowances due to covid but to be 100% your application does not get returned again.

jaxdacool1

Nov 27, 2020
Category........
FAM
@Paul09 thank you so much for your response. You’re right I will restart with new applications. I have collected all supplemental evidence such as money transfers, translations, text message conversations as well. I am planning to attach a self attested letter to justify my usage of old photographs as it is actually difficult to obtain new pics with covid situation in India. I will get new signatures however and shall start over. Not to mention I noticed that IMM 5406 and IMM 5476 have actually been revised in August 2020. It is a shame that your application gets kicked down the queue.

@canuck78 thank you for your input.

I am just kicking myself at this point as I could’ve been rejoicing an AOR1 at this point, but alas here we are... thank you for your input folks!

do you guys suggest to include the letter that was provided by immigration Canada? In my response to application? Should I also include my old form with my new application?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@Paul09 thank you so much for your response. You’re right I will restart with new applications. I have collected all supplemental evidence such as money transfers, translations, text message conversations as well. I am planning to attach a self attested letter to justify my usage of old photographs as it is actually difficult to obtain new pics with covid situation in India. I will get new signatures however and shall start over. Not to mention I noticed that IMM 5406 and IMM 5476 have actually been revised in August 2020. It is a shame that your application gets kicked down the queue.

I am just kicking myself at this point as I could’ve been rejoicing an AOR1 at this point, but alas here we are... thank you for your input folks!

do you guys suggest to include the letter that was provided by immigration Canada? In my response to application? Should I also include my old form with my new application?
Yes for the letter, no to the old application. Would make sure no forms have been updated.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014

Do not add any old forms it may just create confusion. Just check the new guide and provide all updated forms, work it as a new application. You can add a cover letter and add the letter that you received from IRCC. Good Luck.

JagrutiD

May 4, 2020
Hello folks,

Hello, what was the exact reason they returned your application due to IMM5406? I forgot to write N/A? Did you face the same issue?

pc8922

Jun 6, 2017
Hello folks,

If it isn't too intrusive, could we know what the mistake was? Might help other members avoid it.

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
Hello, what was the exact reason they returned your application due to IMM5406? I forgot to write N/A? Did you face the same issue?
I had about 7-8 mistakes, not in the filled applications as the information provided in the forms was not highlighted.

Jun 23, 2023
If my spousal application returned do I have create the new pr application or can just upload the complete document by deleting old incomplete document and just summit my application?
Thanks in advance!!