+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship and TRV

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
I'm also on apple and having to use the Adobe software is a PItA. But apart from that - which was annoying but not much more than that - it was perfectly fine. Caveat that this was before the fully-online and I suspect now it matters even less (they all suck due to IRCC's bad websites).

I'd only say though that this is NOT because apple does less well with PDF - in almost every respect Apple uses pdf 'natively', just that IRCC is dependent upon Adobe and Adobe likes to do weird proprietary stuff, whereas Apple in this area adheres to the published, open standards. (And because apple users have typically zero need for extra pdf solutions, adobe doesn't make their software a high priorty on apple computers.

This can be seen fairly easy by one thing: I've been basically an apple-primarily person for more years than I care to admit, and I've never had to resort to the adobe acrobat software for ANYTHING else except IRCC. To be fair my previous corporate employer had all-windows and I might not have noticed if anything required adobe, because acrobat was installed all over.
You are quite right in all of that. I misspoke in saying pdf format causes issues, it's Adobe that causes issues. Like you, I found that I have had to resort to adobe acrobat software only in dealing with the IRCC and I detest doing so.

Reactions: armoured

Vaishaliuchil

Feb 7, 2021
Hi I am little confused here. My husband and I brought a house in Edmonton this January but our government ID is still of Ontario. Is it okay if I provide my government ID (driving license) of Ontario and update a new one when I receive it?

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Hi I am little confused here. My husband and I brought a house in Edmonton this January but our government ID is still of Ontario. Is it okay if I provide my government ID (driving license) of Ontario and update a new one when I receive it?
And I am a little confused as to (a) why you have posted the same question twice in 2 days in different parts of the forum; (b) why you have sought to hijack this thread with something completely off topic; and (c) what exactly is the immigration-related issue you are raising.

Vaishaliuchil

Feb 7, 2021
And I am a little confused as to (a) why you have posted the same question twice in 2 days in different parts of the forum; (b) why you have sought to hijack this thread with something completely off topic; and (c) what exactly is the immigration-related issue you are raising.
I am sorry there was some technical error and I thought the message was not posted so I reposted in this.
Let me give a brief description about the issue. I am on PGWP which is going to expire on May 2024 and I am still staying in Ontario. I work as a travel nurse and live in Airbnb but we are planning to apply for PR (spousal sponsorship inland)with the address of the house we bought in Edmonton. My driving license is of Ontario address and to update it I would have to travel to Edmonton. Due to shortage of staff my hospital is not letting me go anytime soon and I can only travel next month end. But if I wait till I get updated driving license it will delay my process. So I would like to know if I can submit my Ontario driving license address and start the process and later update it ? !

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am sorry there was some technical error and I thought the message was not posted so I reposted in this.
Let me give a brief description about the issue. I am on PGWP which is going to expire on May 2024 and I am still staying in Ontario. I work as a travel nurse and live in Airbnb but we are planning to apply for PR (spousal sponsorship inland)with the address of the house we bought in Edmonton. My driving license is of Ontario address and to update it I would have to travel to Edmonton. Due to shortage of staff my hospital is not letting me go anytime soon and I can only travel next month end. But if I wait till I get updated driving license it will delay my process. So I would like to know if I can submit my Ontario driving license address and start the process and later update it ? !
Owning a home does not make you an Alberta resident. If you are spending the majority of your time living in Ontario even an Airbnb would still be an Ontario resident and you would use your Airbnb address. If you are trying to apply for an Alberta PNP program the fact that you are living and working in Ontario could be problematic. For example you would not qualify for Alberta healthcare you would only qualify for OHIP. If you dive a car in Ontario you may only be able to have an Ontario driver’s license in order to obtain insurance in Ontario. You would pay Ontario taxes not Alberta except property taxes. You should only using your Alberta address as your address when you move their permanently.

Reactions: Vaishaliuchil

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey all,

My wife and I are about to begin the process of applying for PR outland. I'd be sponsoring her. We had tried twice unsuccessfully to get a TRV for her, both times being refused for the typical reasons (family ties, funds, employment ops). With the announcement that IRCC made last year regarding TRVs having a higher approval rate, if we began our PR, what's the likelihood that the TRV will be refused again? I know this is very hypothetical and case dependent, just wondering if anybody has had any experience with that.

Also, should we apply for TRV first, and then PR, or the other way around? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.
This isn’t a case of family sponsorship but a case of economic immigration with your spouse being included on your application so the ability to reunite with your spouse is very different. Your spouse should be applying for an OWP if they want to move to Canada before getting PR.