+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship and Pregnancy

Malooki

Apr 1, 2021
Hi
Im a Canadian citizen, born and raised, currently living in Jerusalem with my husband. I would like to sponsor him and I've researched the entire process and all the steps and I'm aware it would take about 12 months. Thing is, i just found out im pregnant and i have not yet started the visa process. That being said, the baby will arrive before my husband can come to Canada
My question is, if i stay outside of Canada, and give birth outside of Canada, will I have to include my child in the Visa application? If so, can I include my child in the application even before he she is born ( i won't know the gender or name etc. So im not sure how i would include them).
Im thinking that logically its better to go to Canada and give birth there so that my child is Canadian, but then that would mean my husband wont see his child for months, until either he can come or the baby can board a plane

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since you are Canadian citizen by birth, you can pass on your citizenship to your child born abroad. You just need to apply a citizenship card and limited validity passport for the newborn from a Canadian consulate. You don't include the newborn in your spouse application because the newborn is already Canadian citizen.

Reactions: armoured

Kkkaaauuurrr22

Mar 24, 2021
Hello
I am PR of Canada currently in india with my husband, i found out that i an pregnant, i have already applied for my husband’s spouse sponsorship but i don’t have a file number yet! So can someone suggest what i should do to take my husband with me to Canada!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello
I am PR of Canada currently in india with my husband, i found out that i an pregnant, i have already applied for my husband’s spouse sponsorship but i don’t have a file number yet! So can someone suggest what i should do to take my husband with me to Canada!
Has he applied for a TRV?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No not yet as i don't have file number yet!
He can still apply for a TRV. Chances of approval are still low. Your pregnancy actually makes it harder for him to get a TRV because there will be more concern that she isn't coming for a temporary visit. How long have you been in India? As a PR you are supposed to remain in Canada throughout the sponsorship application.