+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship 2018

maher87

Sep 20, 2013
Hi,
I made an application to sponsor my Wife on march 5th, I want to ask the people with experience what is the timeline to be contacted by CIC and what are the big steps after sending my application .
I'm also planning to go for vacation in summer for 1 month on June-July.
Is is possible to apply for Tourist VISA (for my wife) while the sponsorship is still in processing.
Thanks in advance

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
Hi,
I made an application to sponsor my Wife on march 5th, I want to ask the people with experience what is the timeline to be contacted by CIC and what are the big steps after sending my application .
Is is possible to apply for Tourist VISA (for my wife) while the sponsorship is still in processing.
Thanks in advance

Well i sponsored my husband inland spousal sponsorship in december 15,2015 he became permanent resident on april 27,2017 our whole proccess took us 16 months. Depends where your visa office is and where your from

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can apply for a trv but it will likely be refused unless your wife can show strong ties to her home country and that she will return after a visit. When you sponsor your spouse you are supposed to remain in Canada. A short vacation of a few weeks is viewed as acceptable but a full month is a bit too long in my opinion.

Reactions: kcward7

SS_Canada

Feb 22, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have recently got my COPR (Confirmation of PR) and planning to arrive in Canada in May end. I am getting married in May only and planning to get my wife on visitor visa with me. I plan to stay for few months and find job, if I don't get a job I would come back to India with her.
1. Can I sponsor her dependent PR during this short stay of few months? Or do I need to stay in Canada while her application is being processed?
2. Can I sponsor someone while I am in India?

Secondly, people have told me that my information in COPR must be accurate but as I received my COPR when I was single and plan to land in Canada after my marriage my status would change. I would be married and my wife would come along on visitor visa and my COPR says I am single...is this matter of concern??

look forward to your respons

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello everyone,

I have recently got my COPR (Confirmation of PR) and planning to arrive in Canada in May end. I am getting married in May only and planning to get my wife on visitor visa with me. I plan to stay for few months and find job, if I don't get a job I would come back to India with her.
1. Can I sponsor her dependent PR during this short stay of few months? Or do I need to stay in Canada while her application is being processed?

Secondly, people have told me that my information in COPR must be accurate but as I received my COPR when I was single and plan to land in Canada after my marriage my status would change. I would be married and my wife would come along on visitor visa and my COPR says I am single...is this matter of concern??

look forward to your respons
Wait, are you planning to get married BEFORE you landed?

If so, you CANNOT land with your current COPR because as you said, you won't be single when you landed.

After you got married, you will need to inform CIC and you need to add your wife to your application and she needs medical and police clearance...etc. Then once approved, they will send you a NEW COPR.

Do not landed with your single COPR if you are getting married before the landing. If you do so and continue to use the COPR, you can NEVER sponsor your wife and you are committing misrepresentation with your applicantion.

You could, however, landed first as single. Then go back to your home country and get married AFTER.

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Hi,
Thanks in advance
I would suggest checking in on the March thread on this forum. Best place to see timelines of people who applied at the same time as you.

SS_Canada

Feb 22, 2017
Thanks YVR123 for your response. Appreciate it.

I wanted to land and get my PR card soon therefore was planning to do so, it would be difficult for me to fly before marriage. So work around that I have in mind is, I get married as in just do the Indian ritual wedding before flying and do not register my marriage. In that case my fiancée can accompany me on visitor visa. Later I will register my marriage either in Canada or when I come to India after short landing.

Once I am legally married and have a certificate then I will proceed with her dependent PR.

Does this sound fine and valid?

Also could you please answer the remaining part of question.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thanks YVR123 for your response. Appreciate it.

I wanted to land and get my PR card soon therefore was planning to do so, it would be difficult for me to fly before marriage. So work around that I have in mind is, I get married as in just do the Indian ritual wedding before flying and do not register my marriage. In that case my fiancée can accompany me on visitor visa. Later I will register my marriage either in Canada or when I come to India after short landing.

Once I am legally married and have a certificate then I will proceed with her dependent PR.

Does this sound fine and valid?

Also could you please answer the remaining part of question.

As a PR, you have to live and reside in Canada while sponsoring your spouse. You cannot leave Canada except for short vacations (few weeks?)
1 and 2 are the same questions.

If you want to be in Canada together, you may as well not land and get her into your application (get medical, security background check) and wait for updated COPR and come together.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It can be very hard to get a trv. I wouldn't assume you will get one. I would really discourage that you play with dates in terms of ceremony and registration of the wedding. Having a wedding then registering months later as a new PR who wants to sponsor their spouse is asking for problems. Best to have your wedding, register your marriage and then add your wife to your application. Then you can both move to Canada at the same time.

SS_Canada

Feb 22, 2017
Thank you for your response.

Why is it tough to get trv? if an individual applies for visitor visa, my fiancée has some friends in Canada who can send a invitation letter.

And if I put her application after marriage? how long does it take to get pr for both? And is there any chances of rejection if she passes medical and pcc?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Thank you for your response.

Why is it tough to get trv? if an individual applies for visitor visa, my fiancée has some friends in Canada who can send a invitation letter.

And if I put her application after marriage? how long does it take to get pr for both? And is there any chances of rejection if she passes medical and pcc?
Because they are concerned the individual will come to Canada as a visitor and then just not leave, remaining in Canada illegally

Sarahh Khan

Jul 24, 2018
Hi,
Thanks in advance
Hi,

My sponsorship was applied same time .April 10th and I have not received any approval yet.
that my documents are complete or not .
. Is there a way to track it ?.It was paper based submission to Ontario missisuaga.