+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Open Work Permit

anitamv

Mar 28, 2019
Hi,
I have a doubt regarding SOWP. To prove strong ties to home country, is it necessary to submit property evaluation for the student visa and the SOWP, when we are applying together?, property evaluation of property in his fathers name and property evaluation in my fathers name; or is it enough if we provide just property valuation of property with my father to support both our application. Is this required or from anyone parents is enough. We have just enough and more POF for two years students, GIC amount of CAD 10000 and the fund of CAD 4000 for spouse and travel expense.

And do we have to give two SOP, one for student visa and other one for SOWP?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
It's necessary to prove both you and your spouse have sufficient ties that will compel you to return to your home country. This can be difficult when applying together.

shopnodana91

Dec 20, 2016
Bangladesh
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-01-2021
Med's Request
02-03-2021
Med's Done....
08-03-2021
Passport Req..
01-04-2021
Hi,
I have a doubt regarding SOWP. To prove strong ties to home country, is it necessary to submit property evaluation for the student visa and the SOWP, when we are applying together?, property evaluation of property in his fathers name and property evaluation in my fathers name; or is it enough if we provide just property valuation of property with my father to support both our application. Is this required or from anyone parents is enough. We have just enough and more POF for two years students, GIC amount of CAD 10000 and the fund of CAD 4000 for spouse and travel expense.

And do we have to give two SOP, one for student visa and other one for SOWP?

Thanks in advance
CA evaluation would be best for the assets however, summary of deeds are also fine. Dont forget to show the financial affidavit who are sponsoring you. Submit an explanation letter if sponsor is other than your parents. You can make financial plan for one year both for you and your wife combinedly. No need to show seperately. Show country tie by your assets and parents.
You will submit Study plan, your spouse will submit purpose of travel, you will also write forwarding letter for your spouse.

anitamv

Mar 28, 2019
It's necessary to prove both you and your spouse have sufficient ties that will compel you to return to your home country. This can be difficult when applying together.
Thanks for the response. I appreciate it, it is very helpful

anitamv

Mar 28, 2019
CA evaluation would be best for the assets however, summary of deeds are also fine. Dont forget to show the financial affidavit who are sponsoring you. Submit an explanation letter if sponsor is other than your parents. You can make financial plan for one year both for you and your wife combinedly. No need to show seperately. Show country tie by your assets and parents.
You will submit Study plan, your spouse will submit purpose of travel, you will also write forwarding letter for your spouse.
Thanks for the response. I appreciate it, it is very helpful