+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spousal open work permit

gullnaz

May 23, 2019
hi,
I came for studies in july 2017 and got married while visiting back to my country in December 2017. my husband applied 2 times for visit visa but he got refusal. 1st time the reason of refusal were 1) purpose of travel 2) Current employment situation 3) Personal assets and financial status, In his 2nd application he attached his empolyment letters and pay slips with 25,000 CAD bank statment and his property documents. but he again got a refusal on the basis of 1) purpose of travel 2) family ties in canada and country of residence.
Now my study permit is getting expire, I am applying for the extension along my husband for his open work permit.
I need suggestions that what type documents should we attach now.
Thanks

Last edited:

gullnaz

May 23, 2019
hi,
I came for studies in july 2017 and got married while visiting back to my country in December 2017. my husband applied 2 times for visit visa but he got refusal. 1st time the reason of refusal were 1) purpose of travel 2) Current employment situation 3) Personal assets and financial status, In his 2nd application he attached his empolyment letters and pay slips with 25,000 CAD bank statment and his property documents. but he again got a refusal on the basis of 1) purpose of travel 2)family ties in canada and country of residence.
Now my study permit is getting expire, I am applying for the extension along my husband for his open work permit.
I need suggestions that what type documents should we attach now.
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Spouses of international students are not guaranteed SOWP. They are allowed to apply but it is a 50/50 situation.

Bandani

Feb 25, 2018
Wow. Congratulations. I am in your exact same situation. Can you share what you provided in your application. Also was his application approved after yours got approved

Reactions: gullnaz

gullnaz

May 23, 2019
thank you bandani. yes for sure, I applied both at the same time, yes 1st my application approved and then they started to check the eligibility for my husband and got the medical request just after 15 days, he did his medical and got the passport request after 10 days.

Tinotend@ishe

Jun 5, 2020
thank you bandani. yes for sure, I applied both at the same time, yes 1st my application approved and then they started to check the eligibility for my husband and got the medical request just after 15 days, he did his medical and got the passport request after 10 days.
Hey please help me my husband got denied for section 205 cii please help us what can we submit to tuckle this reason of refusal . What documents did you provide.