+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Open Work Permit

newincanada2010

Star Member
Aug 15, 2010
Please read Carefully,

I have a work permit but my spouse does NOT. We have not yet applied for PR because we are waiting for the FUNDS to send in the application. My questions are.......

Can I apply for an open work permit for my spouse BEFORE we send in the application for PR?

Has anyone done this before?

What forms should we use?

What information should we send in?

Please help thanks
:)

rundung

Dec 4, 2012
As long as your W/permit is valid then you can apply for and have very good chance of getting an open work permit for your spouse (easier still if is by marriage and not comon-law).

Since you are on a work permit then the proof-of-funds is not required. You just need to submit a copy of your contract from your employer.

With you and your spouse in Canada, you will be able to apply PR based on Canadian experience once the required amount of time has passed (I dont remember the stipulated time-frame. Someone else can help you out there).

Flavius

Oct 7, 2013
hy
My wife jJst got a job in edmonton as a chef whit a contract for tow years , an now i want to apply for the open work permit to join her there. We are living know in mexic but i am from romania . My question is where i can find a list of what papers i need to apply
Thnks