+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Open Work Permit (SOWP) 2016-2017. - Please Your timelines

AnuSijin

Nov 1, 2017
Haha, replying to my own question, but maybe it will be useful for somebody)

So I went to Service Ontario today, and was told that I have two options: 1) to apply for OHIP after I get AIP letter (no need to even show work permit, it's irrelevant in this case); or 2) to get the letter from employer stating I work full time and they intend to keep me for at least 6 months (you can check the guidelines to the letter on official OHIP website). Having case 27 on WP is not a problem at all. Also, the 3-months waiting period starts from the date of employment. Seems quite easy)
Thanks for the update :) started working? :)

Wayfarer

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Me this wednesday .. m so scared as there was a long gap of 7 months :S.. starting trouble :p
YOU'LL BE FINE!! I'm kind of used to having long vacation, sometimes up to 5 months (I used to work on contracts), and believe me - after vacation you are so full of energy, and ready to jump into work! And you remember everything, like there had been no time off at all..))) So enjoy it! =)

AnuSijin

Nov 1, 2017
YOU'LL BE FINE!! I'm kind of used to having long vacation, sometimes up to 5 months (I used to work on contracts), and believe me - after vacation you are so full of energy, and ready to jump into work! And you remember everything, like there had been no time off at all..))) So enjoy it! =)
True ! so much positive energy. Thanks. The only reason why becoz i am joining as software developer.. too much competition here for that .. thanks once again... best of luck to you too...

Reactions: Wayfarer

honey_cathy

Apr 20, 2018
My hubby got work permit extension, he applied my work permit too. I'm outland applicant.done biometrics and medical passed , waiting for my wp.
Our PR file inprocess.
Any idea when will I get mine?

Hi, i would like to ask if you have to prove anything strong ties in your country (financial status, job, etc.)?

honey_cathy

Apr 20, 2018
Hi Wayfarer,

I am also in the samesituation. I have applied for SOWP with PR application on SEP 26. The application wasmailed to CPC Missisuaga. I am right now in Visitor in Canada. Still i did not receive any update :(. Did you get the update?

Hello, i would like to ask you for your SOWP. Did you provide any documents to prove a strong ties in your country ( financial status, job,etc)? Or you just uploaded your IMM5710 and medical result? Because our PR is under process as well and my husband's work permit has to be extended so he's going to apply my SOWP along with his OWP.

AnuSijin

Nov 1, 2017
Hi
I did my medicals for spousal sponsorship. so do we need to upload any documents via IRCC webform or does the hospital directly send to CIC?
please help

Reactions: Kareena117

Yoonjin

Aug 3, 2018
Manitoba
Hello~~~~
I'm already in Canada and will applying study permit extension. Is't possible to add my spouse who's outside Canada? Will apply for her SOWP as well.

AnuSijin

Nov 1, 2017
Hi Guys,

Got my COPR yesterday:). sponsorship paper application
Timeline:
Applied-September 27 -2017
Acknowledgement and background confirmation document-November 25 2017
Open work permit- Jan 25 2018
Medical Request-April 16 2018
Medical passed - May 7 2018
Eligibility passed- August 12
Interview call for COPR - Aug 21

In 11months got my PR

Reactions: Jz7881

alishe07

Oct 11, 2019
Hi, my wife is an international student and will start schooling this january 2020. I would like to apply fo SOWP. Regarding bank statement for my application, I would like to ask if it is my bank statement here in my country or my wife bank statement in canada? if it is on my wife, how much does her bank account contain? thank you very much