+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Open Work Permit (SOWP) 2016-2017. - Please Your timelines

AnuSijin

Nov 1, 2017
Oh, so excited - just logged into myCIC, it said they started reviewing my eligibility! Hope it doesn't take long from now to get my OWP - can't wait to go to work! (6 months vacation is more than enough.. o_O)
Oh is it great :). I still did not get any update in my cic :(.. Just got AOR thats it.. Then they asked for background declaration document..

Wayfarer

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Oh is it great :). I still did not get any update in my cic :(.. Just got AOR thats it.. Then they asked for background declaration document..
That's strange - you applied two weeks before me. Maybe they will just email you the confirmation without updating anything. I saw an Oct 26th application got the OWP last week.. Hope you'll hear from them soon! ;)

AnuSijin

Nov 1, 2017
That's strange - you applied two weeks before me. Maybe they will just email you the confirmation without updating anything. I saw an Oct 26th application got the OWP last week.. Hope you'll hear from them soon! ;)
You mean Oct 26 or Sep 26?

Wayfarer

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
:( M so worried. Hope i will get the OWP soon. One question for OWP i mailed the IMM 5710(not sure on the number), then the fee receipt 255CAD , checklist, marriage certicate, passport copy.. anything apart from this?
I attached the same docs as you (passport copy plus TRV copy), hope that's enough. I'm sure if you were missing something, they would have contacted you already..

mandeep123

Oct 13, 2015

Wayfarer

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Guys, so happy to share - just saw on myCIC that work permit is approved!!!
:):D
Valid till January 23, 2020!

No email yet though, I guess it will take a few days to receive it in mail?

cvisa

Feb 3, 2018
Can someone help me over here?

I am the principal applicant and I am applying for open work permit which means I do not have a job offer yet. Is it ok to apply for open work permit for the principal applicant?
Another question: My company applied for an intra company transfer work permit therefore now I have a TRV but since I did not enter Canada therefore I did not get the work permit which is tied to my current company. However I do not want to continue with my current company and therefore applying for an open work permit. The question is can I as the principal applicant apply for open work permit?

Wayfarer

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Hi guys!
So after getting the SOWP and SIN I was researching the possibilities of getting health coverage (OHIP), and before had a plan of getting a job, then applying for health card.. but after rrading forums it seems like you actually CANNOT get it with our kind of work permit - the Spousal one, than has case type 27..
Does anyone know for sure??!!
Will I really have to wait for the AIP (which doesn’t come until the very end of PR process)?

Thanks in advance!

anishas

Feb 19, 2018
Hi,

Bank statement - minimum 4 months and show like 6-8K CAD. But the most important part is your payslip.
The letter of employment MUST have the NOC code mentioned on it. Request your employer to have the NOC code number 2*** depending the kind of job you have. I'd strongly recommend you giving a letter of invite mentioning you'd take care of food, accommodation and insurance until your wife gets her own provincial card. I'd also recommend going for upfront medicals.

Good luck.
Hi. Im applying for my husband's SOW. My question is do the employer get a verification call from CIC?

Wayfarer

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Hi guys!
So after getting the SOWP and SIN I was researching the possibilities of getting health coverage (OHIP), and before had a plan of getting a job, then applying for health card.. but after rrading forums it seems like you actually CANNOT get it with our kind of work permit - the Spousal one, than has case type 27..
Does anyone know for sure??!!
Will I really have to wait for the AIP (which doesn’t come until the very end of PR process)?

Thanks in advance!

Haha, replying to my own question, but maybe it will be useful for somebody)

So I went to Service Ontario today, and was told that I have two options: 1) to apply for OHIP after I get AIP letter (no need to even show work permit, it's irrelevant in this case); or 2) to get the letter from employer stating I work full time and they intend to keep me for at least 6 months (you can check the guidelines to the letter on official OHIP website). Having case 27 on WP is not a problem at all. Also, the 3-months waiting period starts from the date of employment. Seems quite easy)