+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Open Work Permit (SOWP) 2016-2017. - Please Your timelines

gauravsharma11210

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Job reference, he hasn't got any job here. Did you apply for open work permit or dependent work permit on your spouse. Also, there are not always interviews....
Docs like pay slips, my study permit copy has already been provided.
Ive applied for SOWP. And he is working here in IT, im also working here in HCL with over 7+ years of experience. His job reference letter will be issued by his company only. And a Job reference letter has to carry the things CIC needs, else they will not consider it.

manoj katta1988

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
let me give you an example, Applied on 20th May, Interview done on 22nd June, Medical requested on 23rd June, Medical results updated in CIC profile on 11th July. after that, no processing till date even after numerous follow ups via email and CIC Web enquiry form.
may I ask , why was there any interview for you and not others

Wayfarer

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Oh is it..Thank you .. Yes lets keep each other updated here.M also bored staying at home without work. One clarification. Since we have applied through mail, Do we get the AOR via post or email?
Hey,
As I understand, they inform you first via email and then you receive the AOR via regular mail.
Any updates on your application? I was checking one of the tracking sites, it's 6-8 weeks for medical request and AOR.

AnuSijin

Nov 1, 2017
Hey,
As I understand, they inform you first via email and then you receive the AOR via regular mail.
Any updates on your application? I was checking one of the tracking sites, it's 6-8 weeks for medical request and AOR.
Hi,
Yesterday i received email from cic. with application number and UCI. They asked for background declaration.

Dilpreetarora

Nov 25, 2017
I want to know about medical request during spouse work permit tym
Timeline
Online application - 4 october
Medical req - 18 november
Bt during medical when we go out for medical to physican then imei no is not activated nd then they said go ahead to upront medical type worker nd that send to ur lawyer
I want to know is it important to send that medical by upfront type imei no Or by mail also we send
I want to know that thing does not create any problem in my processing

Gurinder8055

Jul 20, 2015
Hey everyone my wife is a full time student she applied my sowp from canada online on 2nd November
*Got Medical request on 18 November.
*Medical done on 20 nov
Waiting for their reply

I want to ask if anyone know is medical request a good sign?? Because i saw in some posts mostly people get their visa after medical request.

sherryWazza

Jul 25, 2017
Any October 1st week online applicants from within Canada?
I just noticed that the timeline reduced to 8 weeks. Anyone got an update?

Antoshka

May 14, 2017
Hi All
My husband is in Canada just received his BOWP.im in India ,my SOWP rejected feb 23,2017 .it states one reason that my husband has arrest warrant but that was a mistake .so next day we sent police clearance certificate to Delhi immigration but there is no response from them.we have asked to reopen.
We have sent so many mails no response.during that time my husband has not enough work permit.
But yesterday he got his BOWP and it is valid till June 2018
When I checked my refused application online.
"Review of eligibility-we regret to inform you that you are not eligible"
Final Decision-your applicantion is in progress

It has mentioned like this and I also checked the corresponding letter but it's fully blank

My question is
Is it error or do they reopen my application?
Else do I need to go for new application?
Please suggest
Hi Ush,

Did they re-open your application?

Thanks

Wayfarer

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Sent paper application on October, 11 and received my AOR today (yay!!), with request to link application. But, of course, I came across the problems there - as i see, it's very common that you cannot simply link it (but that's a topic for another thread.).

AnuSijin

Nov 1, 2017
Sent paper application on October, 11 and received my AOR today (yay!!), with request to link application. But, of course, I came across the problems there - as i see, it's very common that you cannot simply link it (but that's a topic for another thread.).
Did you receive OWP?

james007jeon

Feb 27, 2017
Oct 26, 2017- Submitted online
Dec 3, 2017 - Received a request letter for Police certificate
Dec 8, 2017 - Updated police certificate
Dec 12, 2017 - Passport Request
Dec 14, 2017 - Sent Passport to Visa application office

For medical exam, my wife already took it for her PR application. I think that's why we saved some of time during the process. As per the staff at VFS in Korea, it will takes 7 to 10 calendar days to get the passport back. So I hope to receive the passport next week. Good luck guys.

Reactions: Wayfarer