+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal open work permit processing

miucchi

Aug 11, 2021
Hi. I just want to ask about my application. My husband and I applied from Japan. He is a Japanese, I'm a non-Japanese. He applied for an employer specific work permit, while an open work permit for me. We applied on July 14. His application got approved on August 5. Mine is still processing. May I ask for an idea how long it will take for mine to have a decision? Here's what I see in the IRCC account.

Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
  • Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • Review of medical results: July 23, 2021 You passed the medical exam.
  • Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents.
  • Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
  • Biometrics: July 20, 2021 Completed.
  • Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
  • Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Reactions: wohaa!

wohaa!

Mar 5, 2020
Hi,

Me and spouse are also starting with our work permit applications. Could you please help me clarify few questions :

1. If we can apply for my employer specific work permit and my spouse open work permit together ?
2. For the primary application, was the work permit LMIA based, if yes how much time it took to get the LMIA approval ?
3. Also did you hear anything on your application ?

Would really appreciate your response!
Thanks!