+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal open work permit outside Canada from Ghana

Genehert

Feb 20, 2021
Hello everyone

We apply for spousal open work permit outside Canada in March 2020, got refused in November 2020 due to lack of supporting documents. We reapply again in November showing all necessary documents with an upfront medicals(pass). But we have not heard from them.
We were advice to contact them since we are part of the covid -travel exemption. We did apply with all important documents and got a reply that we didn't provide sufficient information.
Can we get help from some experts? Thanks

Last edited:

Genehert

Feb 20, 2021

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Since the purpose of my travel is to reunite with my husband. I was thinking it should be considered. Waiting another year would be two year without physically seeing my husband.
What is your husband’s status? If not a PR or citizen, he is a temporary worker or student so processing is not prioritized. Also even if you get an approved work permit, you still need written authorization to travel and you need to show your travel is essential. Now it may be faster but expect delays.

Genehert

Feb 20, 2021
What is your husband’s status? If not a PR or citizen, he is a temporary worker or student so processing is not prioritized. Also even if you get an approved work permit, you still need written authorization to travel and you need to show your travel is essential. Now it may be faster but expect delays.
My husband is an international student and we applied for a written authorization but I received the reply below:

"Based on our assessment of your recent enquiry, we cannot process your request as you have not provided sufficient evidence that you meet an exemption criterion and/or that your travel to Canada is non-discretionary, per the travel restrictions implemented to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID‑19) in Canada.
Even though you do not meet an exemption criterion and/or your travel has not been deemed non-discretionary, your application will now be put on hold until after the travel restriction pause has been lifted."

Does that mean my travel was not considered important and that I do not qualify to even apply?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My husband is an international student and we applied for a written authorization but I received the reply below:

"Based on our assessment of your recent enquiry, we cannot process your request as you have not provided sufficient evidence that you meet an exemption criterion and/or that your travel to Canada is non-discretionary, per the travel restrictions implemented to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID‑19) in Canada.
Even though you do not meet an exemption criterion and/or your travel has not been deemed non-discretionary, your application will now be put on hold until after the travel restriction pause has been lifted."

Does that mean my travel was not considered important and that I do not qualify to even apply?
That is correct your travel authorization was declined. How do you meet the criteria to travel and it can’t be just reunification. For example, if your husband has health challenges you show his doctor’s notes to show he needs support. Your travel must be essential. So you still need an approved visa and written travel authorization.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Also if your SOWP is refused again, you will wait until he is on his PGWP with 3 payslips in a NOC A, B or 0 job before applying again.