+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL FILE NUMBER TAKING SOO LONG! :( HELP!

queenie1525

Nov 22, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-14
Hi I just liked to asked if you guys experienced the same situation

I've passed our papers sept. 18, 2014 it says online it has been received at CPC office by sept. 19 . Right now it's january 10, 2015! I haven't received any file number Im totally freaking out! :'( I have two friends with the same situation trying to get their spouse outside canada and they already got their file number after 2months that they submitted their papers. Ive been trying to call CIC but it won't let me speak with an agent. I'm so frustrated!

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Have your Member of Parliament call

Skyline29

Aug 11, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2014
Doc's Request.
Dependant fill out form & sent documents
AOR Received.
File in Ecas feb 19, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront medical
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
queenie1525 said:
Hi I just liked to asked if you guys experienced the same situation

I've passed our papers sept. 18, 2014 it says online it has been received at CPC office by sept. 19 . Right now it's january 10, 2015! I haven't received any file number Im totally freaking out! :'( I have two friends with the same situation trying to get their spouse outside canada and they already got their file number after 2months that they submitted their papers. Ive been trying to call CIC but it won't let me speak with an agent. I'm so frustrated!

Hi queenie:)
Did u apply inland ? If yes processing time is 16months 1st stages & 2nd stages is 8 months so total 24months what CIC note in online even u call/speak to an immigration /CIC agent.
In other hand Outland is more faster what people say who apply Outland couple of months I think.
Many people didn't heard from their application aside from the online stated that they receive the application, same as me I'm February 2014 still the one I have is receive sponsorship application & I just recently resubmit my OWP this January 3, 2015.
But hopefully CIC will process All application fast :)
God bless us all:)

queenie1525

Nov 22, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-14
Hi im the principal applicant, I'm here in canada and I processed the documents here and sent it to case processing in Ontario.
I have a friend same situation he was trying to get her filipina wife he passed his papers same month sept 2014 after two months they received their file number. Then my other filipina friend trying to get his husband got their file number after a month. I'm scared and worried maybe our papers got lost :( or what so ever. I just want to know if someone out there experiencing same situation like mine.

raffylopezcutora

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga - inland app
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 19, 2014
AOR Received.
September 9, 2015
Med's Request
September 15, 2015
Med's Done....
September 29, 2014 - upfront
Interview........
October 28, 2015
LANDED..........
October 28, 2015
I submitted mine (inland) October 19, 2014 and was received by October 22, 2014 . Until now, i'm still waiting for AOR. Hopefully everything will be okay. This week i'll be submitting my OWP. God bless us

queenie1525

Nov 22, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-14
raffylopezcutora said:
I submitted mine (inland) October 19, 2014 and was received by October 22, 2014 . Until now, i'm still waiting for AOR. Hopefully everything will be okay. This week i'll be submitting my OWP. God bless us

our papers since sept. let me know once you got a file number. I sent our papers rush via purolator.

Skyline29

Aug 11, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Upfront medical
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
queenie1525 said:
Hi im the principal applicant, I'm here in canada and I processed the documents here and sent it to case processing in Ontario.
I have a friend same situation he was trying to get her filipina wife he passed his papers same month sept 2014 after two months they received their file number. Then my other filipina friend trying to get his husband got their file number after a month. I'm scared and worried maybe our papers got lost :( or what so ever. I just want to know if someone out there experiencing same situation like mine.

I think ur friends submit Outland thats why theirs is very fast process.

Skyline29

Aug 11, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Upfront medical
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
queenie1525 said:
what do you mean?
I think they asking if u already call ur MP

http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseofCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC

blueangel371115

Champion Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-07-2014
File Transfer...
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2015 (returned 1/19 due to errors), 26-01-2015
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally
queenie1525 said:
what do you mean?
Your MP or member of Parliament, is the elected official that represents your sponsor's area of residence. They receive these types of calls often and should be able to make some calls on your behalf regarding your situation. They may or may not be able to glean a wealth of info ( so don't expect a complete breakdown of your complete file). But they will try to get what is available to them at that time.

queenie1525

Nov 22, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-14
blueangel371115 said:
Your MP or member of Parliament, is the elected official that represents your sponsor's area of residence. They receive these types of calls often and should be able to make some calls on your behalf regarding your situation. They may or may not be able to glean a wealth of info ( so don't expect a complete breakdown of your complete file). But they will try to get what is available to them at that time.

thanks! i just phone them they said they will try to help.

queenie1525

Nov 22, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-14
Skyline29 said:
I think ur friends submit Outland thats why theirs is very fast process.

no they all submitted their papers inside canada, one is a canadian citizen and my other friend with the same situation is a permanent resident

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
queenie1525 said:
no they all submitted their papers inside canada, one is a canadian citizen and my other friend with the same situation is a permanent resident
if the applicants are not in cnada (as suggested by your original post), then they are outland applicants, which would mean they have a faster processing. also, just because someone is in canada when they submitted their application, it doesn't mean they submitted inland. where the applicant or sponsor are isn't how cic determines the type of application. it's the actually application that determines whether it's inland or outland.

queenie1525

Nov 22, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-14
rhcohen2014 said:
if the applicants are not in cnada (as suggested by your original post), then they are outland applicants, which would mean they have a faster processing. also, just because someone is in canada when they submitted their application, it doesn't mean they submitted inland. where the applicant or sponsor are isn't how cic determines the type of application. it's the actually application that determines whether it's inland or outland.
i asked them personally cause they are my friends they passed their application at CPC ontario like what i did. im just frustrated cause within two months they got a file number

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
queenie1525 said:
i asked them personally cause they are my friends they passed their application at CPC ontario like what i did. im just frustrated cause within two months they got a file number
again, that doesn't mean they have inland applications. both applications get sent to mississagua. again, the only way to know whether it is an inland application or an outland application is either asking that specific question or looking at the actual application. my guess is they both applied outland while you applied inland and that is the reason they have gotten a response and you didnt.