+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal COPR Mistake

leamorales295

Jan 11, 2021
Hi my husband just receive his visa and COPR but there is a mistake in the COPR place of birth.They put different city but same country.Do I need to send it back again to them and correct it?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi my husband just receive his visa and COPR but there is a mistake in the COPR place of birth.They put different city but same country.Do I need to send it back again to them and correct it?
Is the visa information correct?

Ideally you should replace in contact with ircc office or vfs. But if visa is correct, airline should let him on flight.

Still a risk though. It's possible ircc would email him an updated one, or not change it at all. (Perhaps they would insist on replacing with physical copy with photo attached though)

I doubt cbsa at border would refuse him entry if all other info is correct, but a guess.

leamorales295

Jan 11, 2021
Yes all other information are correct in his visa.My only problem is on his other documents like passport it states there the correct place of birth even in his birth certificate but on his COPR it different but only the city though same country.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes all other information are correct in his visa.My only problem is on his other documents like passport it states there the correct place of birth even in his birth certificate but on his COPR it different but only the city though same country.
As above, I don't believe airline staff would typically inspect the COPR, they require the visa to let you board (plus now the immediate family information acc to covid rules). Of course, this is no guarantee.

But I would still suggest preferable to contact IRCC/visa office you dealt with to get their input and ideally have COPR corrected or replaced.

Ruan12

Dec 3, 2021
Hi! Is your husband land in canada without any problem ? Can you please share what you did about the mistake in copr?
I am having an error also in my copr.