+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal case being transferred to Hong Kong office

tjkdl

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
Hi,
I got the sponsorship approval letter on Sept 10th, it was mentioning the case will be transferred to HK office.
I presume next step would be PA to receive the medical request, but till today nothing received.
Anyone whose case is in HK mind to share the timeline please? Normally how long this step will take?

thanks!

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Hi,
I got the sponsorship approval letter on Sept 10th, it was mentioning the case will be transferred to HK office.
I presume next step would be PA to receive the medical request, but till today nothing received.
Anyone whose case is in HK mind to share the timeline please? Normally how long this step will take?

thanks!
For outland sponsorship the medical request is usually requested prior to the file being transferred to HK,
If there are no issues, additional documents, interviews, covid outbreaks, etc. then I would expect around 3-months from AOR2.
The HK office was very efficient. ( Don't know how busy they are now ).

tjkdl

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
For outland sponsorship the medical request is usually requested prior to the file being transferred to HK,
If there are no issues, additional documents, interviews, covid outbreaks, etc. then I would expect around 3-months from AOR2.
The HK office was very efficient. ( Don't know how busy they are now ).
Thank you for your reply.

I didn't receive AOR2...
My sponsor eligibility was a "Complex" one as for RO issue. It was finally resolved and approved after years pending in CPCM.

Will this "Complex" tag continue with the PA review?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

I didn't receive AOR2...
My sponsor eligibility was a "Complex" one as for RO issue. It was finally resolved and approved after years pending in CPCM.

It's not that there's a flag or not but expeirence of others may not be relevant to your case. As above,most files get medical request before it's sent to field office abroad.

Reactions: tjkdl

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada

I didn't receive AOR2...

I would assume the process would move forward after the file is transferred to HK office.
Hopefully there are no red flags with the PA that would cause further delays.

Reactions: tjkdl

ydd0713

Nov 5, 2018
Our spousal app was sent to HK office on Sept 15. I received medical request on Sept 13. AOR2 was on september 29.

tjkdl

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
Our spousal app was sent to HK office on Sept 15. I received medical request on Sept 13. AOR2 was on september 29.
Thanks for sharing. Congrats for the progress! Yours looks to be a "normal" flow that mentioned by above friends - medical request was earlier than case being transferred.
Mine was not normal...
On my GCkey it says they are reviewing eligibility