+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Application

Skarimu26

Dec 16, 2021
Just quick two questions: A friend is sponsoring his spouse to immigrate to Canada. Can his spouse add his children as her dependants even if she’s not their biological mother? She’s the principal applicant can his children accompanied her as dependents? Also, how many dependant children can be accompanied in a single spousal application? Thanks and look forward to smooth engagements.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just quick two questions: A friend is sponsoring his spouse to immigrate to Canada. Can his spouse add his children as her dependants even if she’s not their biological mother? She’s the principal applicant can his children accompanied her as dependents? Also, how many dependant children can be accompanied in a single spousal application? Thanks and look forward to smooth engagements.
No he needs to sponsor his own children as his dependents.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
here you go.
If those are his own children, he needs to sponsor them (hopefully, he had included them in his own PR application) in a seperate application.

Only the spouse's biological children can be included in her depenedents section. (not the sponsor's) There is no upper limit of number of dependents.

Last edited:
Reactions: canuck78

Anu.sha

Oct 16, 2021
Hey guys. I need help..
I created a new application by mistake while my application is already submitted. How do I delete that initiated application?

fashiontart

Nov 18, 2021
Hey guys. I need help..
I created a new application by mistake while my application is already submitted. How do I delete that initiated application?
Have you pressed 'submit' on the application? Or did you just start a new one? If you haven't submitted, it's not a problem. I started an application, realized I made a few mistakes I couldn't change, so I started a new one, and that's the one I submitted. The other one is still sitting there, and it's not a problem.