+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal application transferred to Etobicoke

rick1992

Nov 13, 2019
Guys,
I hope all is well with everyone. We received the eligibility requirement met. Now waiting for final decision
good luck to everyone else

Reactions: J20190911

Egna7711

Star Member
Dec 23, 2020
Wow , this is great news...sometimes hiring a lawyer is a waste of money and time.. I do have a lawyer also on my case. My application was sent in September 2019 and got transferred around September 2020..i got SA approved before they transferred it, I also did medical before they transferred it to etobicoke office and since then nothing from them..my medical expired also, and still nothing from them...its been 18 months since I apply and nothing on my paper work..they are reviewing my eligibility since February of 2020 and now it's 2021 and nothing..etobicoke office is so damn slow!!..they transferred my application for further assessment
hello, did you hear anything yet

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Guys, there is a bad news,
I have received a letter from etobicoke after my submission yesterday that the officer is not convinced about the genuineness of my relationship.
He has asked for more proofs and has written if I won’t disabuse his concern, he would refuse the application.
I don’t know what else to provide him. I need your guidance.
please
I have a genuine marriage
I am very stressed from the morning I saw this letter. Please help me guys how to get out of this.

Tina461

Nov 27, 2017
Guys, there is a bad news,
I have received a letter from etobicoke after my submission yesterday that the officer is not convinced about the genuineness of my relationship.
He has asked for more proofs and has written if I won’t disabuse his concern, he would refuse the application.
I don’t know what else to provide him. I need your guidance.
please
I have a genuine marriage
I am very stressed from the morning I saw this letter. Please help me guys how to get out of this.
Did they say in the letter what kind of proofs you need to submit? In my case, I submitted literally everything they outlined in the letter: lease showing both names, government mail received for both sponsor and applicant showing same address, taxes for 2019, jointly bank account, joint credit card, phone bills, bank statements, life insurance, home insurance, pay stubs showing same address. I also added letters of support from friends. They didn't ask us for recent pictures and I wrote letter of explanation explaining we don't own car because they asked us for vehicle insurance on our names. After I sent them everything through email, we received Eligibility passed letter on account. We are common law.

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
Did they say in the letter what kind of proofs you need to submit? In my case, I submitted literally everything they outlined in the letter: lease showing both names, government mail received for both sponsor and applicant showing same address, taxes for 2019, jointly bank account, joint credit card, phone bills, bank statements, life insurance, home insurance, pay stubs showing same address. I also added letters of support from friends. They didn't ask us for recent pictures and I wrote letter of explanation explaining we don't own car because they asked us for vehicle insurance on our names. After I sent them everything through email, we received Eligibility passed letter on account. We are common law.
It sounds like they were looking for proof you were actually common-law.

I am worried that Sharmgop may be in a different boat - that the officer doubts the genuineness of their relationship (Marriage Fraud).