+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal application transferred to Etobicoke

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Submit documents from the date you sent the application. Same thing happened with my wife’s spousal app, Agent was doubtful on our relationship as my wife had 3 student visa refusals 2 work permit refusals and visitor cisa extension refusal but I bypassed my lawyer as we had already removed them. The IRCC agent gave us the 72 hrs window last Wednesday to submit the documents. Submitted couple of notices we received in mail from IRCC n CBSA, along with the medical receipts from our doctor which I paid out of my pocket. Since her passport been seized by CBSA on the last attempt for Work Permit at a port, I gave the reasoning of not having enough evidence as in license, Mortgage, or bill payments, but I attached the receipts where I brought stuff for her along with my bank statements. I as an sponsor took things in my own hands and sent everything by myself and VOILA comes Monday morning received a message on GCkey along with the reply from the Agent Eligibility’s passed. Thanked him via the email and he asked for our phone number gave my wife’s number first and my number . 5 minutes later there’s a call from the agent and he said “everything’s good, your wife’s eligibility background check security all done. Within 2 weeks we’ll do her landing
Congratulations to you,
My lawyer is saying that I don’t need to submit even a single document that I have already provided them in the past, she is saying she will only submit 15 pages of documents, I told her My evidence from the letter makes 30-35 pages
She said then submit only the main pages from them
She is saying she knows how Etobicoke office is working and they will deny accepting the evidence which was already submitted
Is that true??? Should I rely on her? I have my deadline tomorrow, I have everything in place in my laptop.
Should I go ahead and submit from my email without removing my lawyer from the file?
can I do that? Please guide

Feb 21, 2020
Wow , this is great news...sometimes hiring a lawyer is a waste of money and time.. I do have a lawyer also on my case. My application was sent in September 2019 and got transferred around September 2020..i got SA approved before they transferred it, I also did medical before they transferred it to etobicoke office and since then nothing from them..my medical expired also, and still nothing from them...its been 18 months since I apply and nothing on my paper work..they are reviewing my eligibility since February of 2020 and now it's 2021 and nothing..etobicoke office is so damn slow!!..they transferred my application for further assessment
Same case here applied last year January 2020 and our lawyer not accepting his mistake file got returned in Feb and sent back on 2nd March 20. NEVER INFORMED US ABOUT IT. When later questioned threw everything on the Immigration. Recieved AOR in September 20 medical approved on December and 3 weeks laters SA and 2 weeks later 21st January 2021 filed moved to Etobicoke office. And after December kicked out my lawyer out of our app.

JohnCana123

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Congratulations to you,
My lawyer is saying that I don’t need to submit even a single document that I have already provided them in the past, she is saying she will only submit 15 pages of documents, I told her My evidence from the letter makes 30-35 pages
She is saying she knows how Etobicoke office is working and they will deny accepting the evidence which was already submitted
Is that true??? Should I rely on her? I have my deadline tomorrow, I have everything in place in my laptop.
Should I go ahead and submit from my email without removing my lawyer from the file?
There are a lot of incompetent/ lazy lawyers out there so be mindful o this and do what is best for you ad your family. I think you should listen to what IRCC said in that letter and submit everything that they requested. It is better you send in as much information as possible and Etobicoke chooses what they want to consider than you do not send in enough and experience further delays or worse a negative decision. I am not sure if you can send an email yourself since you have a representative but it is worth a shot. Also, your lawyer has to follow your instructions. So write a letter to them and ask them to submit all the documents you provided ( all 35 pages). That way if they do not follow your instructions you have it in writing and can act accordingly.

Did you get the request for more info on March 1st or at a later date?

Reactions: sharmgop

Ipol

Feb 24, 2021
Hi there, did you submit the documents requested in the letter?
How did you send them?
My lawyer said we don’t have to submit what’s already been submitted
Only the latest information and that too around 15 pages
She is saying Etobicoke office is only accepting that much information. Is it true?
I need some guidance, I have two days left to submit.
First of all, your lawyer isn't the one processing your document, he is only representing and also guide you, in order not to delay ur processing, please submit whatever Etobicoke requested even if they want the same thing 50 million times, send it to them

sharmgop

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
There are a lot of incompetent/ lazy lawyers out there so be mindful o this and do what is best for you ad your family. I think you should listen to what IRCC said in that letter and submit everything that they requested. It is better you send in as much information as possible and Etobicoke chooses what they want to consider than you do not send in enough and experience further delays or worse a negative decision. I am not sure if you can send an email yourself since you have a representative but it is worth a shot. Also, your lawyer has to follow your instructions. So write a letter to them and ask them to submit all the documents you provided ( all 35 pages). That way if they do not follow your instructions you have it in writing and can act accordingly.

Did you get the request for more info on March 1st or at a later date?
I got the letter on March 13th
Thanks for information.
I just spoke with my lawyer
She said she will send everything that I’m providing her
Let’s see what happens in next coming weeks

Egna7711

Star Member
Dec 23, 2020
I got the letter on March 13th
Thanks for information.
I just spoke with my lawyer
She said she will send everything that I’m providing her
Let’s see what happens in next coming weeks
what kind of letter did you get? your file was transferred to etobicoke in Dec 2020?

RAMAN2633

Oct 6, 2016
Congratulations to you,
Hi,
I will tell you my experience maybe it will help you.
I got the same letter as you on 3rd of march n my lawyer forwarded it to me. N also told me to collect each n every doc, he explained the reason for this letter is to make sure our relationship is genuine n r we still living together. Thats y dey r asking d same doc like lease, driving license , T1 from last year(coz it has your spouse name on it) , utilities bills ...just to make sure that all d updated documents have the same address on it. They also asked for any extra docs to support our relationship.so i attaced an explanation letter explaning what extra document i am sending. Like last 1 year e-transfers( my husband send me money every month for my credit card bill), hand made card for our first year mrg anniversary, call records, card our frnds gave us on Christmas n new year n movie tickets.there were total 6 emails n i sent them directly to the email which was provided on d letter instead of sending it to my lawyer ( i misunderstood). My lawyer then emailed them explaining the miscommunication. On this Friday i got pre-arrival letter n my ecas say decision made. On Monday i called them just to make sure n agent told i have passes everything n can get Approval email any day. So i will suggest you send them by yourself make 5 to 6 attachments , make sure every email shouldn't be more then 5 mb. Write each email explaning what r you attaching in that particular email. N if you dont have any documents please explain the reason. Dont take it lightly, all these documents r very important..your VO gonna decide on ur file after looking at dese documents. I don't think your lawyer is a good one so dont depend on her. Send everything by yourself. Good luck

rick1992

Nov 13, 2019
Hi guys
My wife got a call from No Caller Id, an office telling us the i am approved. He kept saying dont tell any of your friends yet, because people report fake marriage. Do you think its fake? Or am i just being negative?