+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal application transferred to Etobicoke

azara.usama

Dec 30, 2020
I did it paperwork because online I couldn’t get link after question and answer so I was forced to do paper
Are you able to provide me with the link to the paper form that you used for work-permit extension please?

My husband just received an e-mail saying that his sponsorship app got moved to Etobicoke office for "further assessment". His work permit expires in a couple of months so we would like to request and extension, since I am seeing that people are here are waiting an awfully long time after their app has been sent to Etobicoke :\

MohammadNoor

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
Are you able to provide me with the link to the paper form that you used for work-permit extension please?

My husband just received an e-mail saying that his sponsorship app got moved to Etobicoke office for "further assessment". His work permit expires in a couple of months so we would like to request and extension, since I am seeing that people are here are waiting an awfully long time after their app has been sent to Etobicoke :\
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5553-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada-worker-paper.html

Reactions: azara.usama

MohammadNoor

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
did you have to do a medical exam prior to submitting a work permit renewal?
When I applied for extensions at that time they didn’t ask for medical. Now a days they are ask for medical still you check with Ircc . Reason they are asking for medical due to coronavirus

Johnny1025

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
When I applied for extensions at that time they didn’t ask for medical. Now a days they are ask for medical still you check with Ircc . Reason they are asking for medical due to coronavirus
Check the appropriate box or boxes to indicate if you are applying for:

• A work permit with the same employer
  • An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
  • Restoration of your status as a worker
  • An initial or an extension of a temporary resident permit

which box do i check

MohammadNoor

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019

which box do i check
Brother I didn’t do online.I did paperwork

azara.usama

Dec 30, 2020

which box do i check
For open work permit extensions with paper app, check the first option (work permit with the same employer)