+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal application transferred to Etobicoke

MohammadNoor

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
I received a file transfer letter for further assessment email yesterday... before covid this would mean interview in person (from what I watched on forums and fb groups)
Now, I have searched and people say they are stuck at that office... some even going on 18 months with no news.... anyone recently get an email that their file was transferred to that office and can provide some guidance.... hoping to help someone else who has read these depressing posts of wait times up to 18 months....

My time line in is my signature... cheers
My file transferred To etobicoke Local office almost 26 months

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm reading through and didn't want anyone to feel bad for sharing my result but I rethink on it and decided I will do it in case it can help to give you all some hope. Firstly I used a representative to do my application it was sent to Nova Scotia then to cpc for further processing and on November 24th I called cic and they told my application was in etobicoke and eligibility and background went well by December 4 they sent my lawyer an email to set up my online portal to confirm pr status which I got yesterday and followed the instruction as requested on the email today I got another email with a password and username to confirm my address and to upload a photo and now its under review and this is my experience hope it gave you all a bit if hope and please y'all don't give up keep the faith because I know its depressing etc but remember behind every dark cloud God is in control, hope everyone hear some good news very soon
Your situation is completely different and is not relevant to the discussions here. Your file was finalized (Decision Made) and then sent to Etobicoke to complete landing formalities.

The individuals in this discussion had their applications sent to the Etobicoke office without being finalized. This is a completely different process which unfortunately indicates that IRCC has concerns with their application and which significantly extends processing times.

Reactions: YVR123

Johnparker

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
I'm reading through and didn't want anyone to feel bad for sharing my result but I rethink on it and decided I will do it in case it can help to give you all some hope. Firstly I used a representative to do my application it was sent to Nova Scotia then to cpc for further processing and on November 24th I called cic and they told my application was in etobicoke and eligibility and background went well by December 4 they sent my lawyer an email to set up my online portal to confirm pr status which I got yesterday and followed the instruction as requested on the email today I got another email with a password and username to confirm my address and to upload a photo and now its under review and this is my experience hope it gave you all a bit if hope and please y'all don't give up keep the faith because I know its depressing etc but remember behind every dark cloud God is in control, hope everyone hear some good news very soon
Thank you for sharing your story. Can you please tell if your file was transferred to Etobicoke before receiving AIP & DM from CPC-Mississauga or after ??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for sharing your story. Can you please tell if your file was transferred to Etobicoke before receiving AIP & DM from CPC-Mississauga or after ??
This person received DM and then their application was transferred to Etobicoke to complete landing formalities.

Reactions: Johnparker

Johnparker

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
This person received DM and then their application was transferred to Etobicoke to complete landing formalities.
ohh Thank you for the response. That means its different from what we have been waiting in this thread..I wish we also get some updates from Etobicoke on transferred files as well

Reactions: MohammadNoor

Manprad

Star Member
Nov 29, 2020
i m in same boat. File transferred to Etobicoke for further assessment on Dec 13 2019. Still status shows "File Received".. So much disheartening.

• Sad
Reactions: JohnCana123

MohammadNoor

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
Your situation is completely different and is not relevant to the discussions here. Your file was finalized (Decision Made) and then sent to Etobicoke to complete landing formalities.

The individuals in this discussion had their applications sent to the Etobicoke office without being finalized. This is a completely different process which unfortunately indicates that IRCC has concerns with their application and which significantly extends processing times.
Yes You are absolutely right

RamanManraj

Star Member
Aug 30, 2020
Hlo guys can anyone tell me I submit proof of relationship, rcmp fingerprints and imm 5562 form already . What’s next step after this . I have completed 19 months already . Timeline 100%

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hlo guys can anyone tell me I submit proof of relationship, rcmp fingerprints and imm 5562 form already . What’s next step after this . I have completed 19 months already . Timeline 100%
Have you applied for PR through PNP or are you a Canadian who has sponsored their spouse?