+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal application transferred to Etobicoke

lou13579

Nov 5, 2016
Hello all.

I hope we are all doing well. My file was transferred to etobicoke last month for further assessment.

Im currently not working and I'm struggling financially. I live with my 1 year old son and common-law partner...

I have done many research on file transferred to etobicoke and apparently it seems it will take another 8 months to go through this struggle. My girlfriend ( the sponsor) is currently not working due an injury and will be going to surgery soon.. I also didn't get work permit because i had no status and have to wait still i get AIP.

Now I'm thinking of going to my country to work and withdraw the application and resend it outland.

DO any body think this will be a negative impact on the application if withdraw and resend outland?

Regards all

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
Hello all.

I hope we are all doing well. My file was transferred to etobicoke last month for further assessment.

Im currently not working and I'm struggling financially. I live with my 1 year old son and common-law partner...

I have done many research on file transferred to etobicoke and apparently it seems it will take another 8 months to go through this struggle. My girlfriend ( the sponsor) is currently not working due an injury and will be going to surgery soon.. I also didn't get work permit because i had no status and have to wait still i get AIP.

Now I'm thinking of going to my country to work and withdraw the application and resend it outland.

DO any body think this will be a negative impact on the application if withdraw and resend outland?

Regards all
I can't answer as to whether it's advisable or not. However, if you havent already ordered your GCMS notes then you should get them to at least know the reason why its gone through for further assessment. At least then you have an opportunity to address their concerns when you apply again.
You should also be aware that there is a high chance that they will not allow you back into Canada while the app is processing.
Did you receive an email/letter about it going for further assessment?

rajneesh1987

Aug 19, 2018
Hi Guys,

I have email to one of the emails mentioned in this thread. I got the following response from Etobicoke office:

Please be advised that the 12 month processing time no longer applies once your application has been transferred to a local office for further review. Your file is now in queue to be reviewed by an Officer. If/when more information is required you will be contacted.
We are currently processing files referred and received at our office in AUG/SEP 2018

Hope this helps. I got an email for file transferred for further assessment in June 2019 and I am August 2018 applicant. Hope this helps who are in the same situation.

Johnny1025

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
Hi Guys,

I have email to one of the emails mentioned in this thread. I got the following response from Etobicoke office:

Please be advised that the 12 month processing time no longer applies once your application has been transferred to a local office for further review. Your file is now in queue to be reviewed by an Officer. If/when more information is required you will be contacted.
We are currently processing files referred and received at our office in AUG/SEP 2018

Hope this helps. I got an email for file transferred for further assessment in June 2019 and I am August 2018 applicant. Hope this helps who are in the same situation.
Thanks this help alot. My file was transfer in July 2019 and I am November 2018 applicant

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello all.

Regards all
No, it will not have a negative impact.