+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSAL APPLICATION TO CANADA PLS HELP.

lovelex

Feb 27, 2011
Hello guys,

its been really a very anxious months for me and my wife.. we got married last june (2010) but due to time constraint and i admit some poor planning on my part we still havent finished the application for petition and its already february of 2011 :(... the problem is i dont really know much people here in Canada to ask personally and ive contacts some immigration lawyers but they cant fully help me since i dont have that much budget for it at the moment...

here's what we got so far and i just need you guys to tell me whats the next thing to do and i do appreciate it.

*i think we are are almost set on the paper works just a question.. on medical condition statement it said there that my spouse and all family member weather accompanying her or not in Canada must provide the medical document.. so do they all need to get medical checked up or just my wife since she's the only one im really applying for.

*my wife got her passport already.. nbi.. police clearance.. and pictures.. so what else do we miss?

*can i go and file the application already even w/o the medical of my wife?

i dont know... im just so confused now.. stress at work and at this petition.. i just want to be with my wife again and i know you guys know what i mean,.. i know some of my inquiry are easy to answer for some but for me now everything is like so confusing i have to verify all things :( any help is appreciated guys.. and thank you.

-alex

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

You don't need to know any one or a lawyer for this matter. This forum is very useful. You can post any questions related to Immigration and there will be lot of people to guide you.

Your questions are answered in blue:

*i think we are are almost set on the paper works just a question.. on medical condition statement it said there that my spouse and all family member weather accompanying her or not in Canada must provide the medical document.. so do they all need to get medical checked up or just my wife since she's the only one im really applying for.

Only your wife need to get medical done

*my wife got her passport already.. nbi.. police clearance.. and pictures.. so what else do we miss?

Need a copy of marriage certificate with a translation in English or french accordingly, copy of passport.

*can i go and file the application already even w/o the medical of my wife?

Yes go ahead. She can do medical later while processing her PR application at the visa office.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
It is better to do the medical before you send in the application, and send in proof the medical was done with the application.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The medical Report (section A) IMM1017 is on the checklist for the application, send it with the rest of the paperwork.

Edited: My bad, thx Eddy070

Eddy070

Apr 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your wife is in canada she can have her medical done in canada but if she is
in her home country let her complete her medical at her home country before submitting
your Application to avoid delay bcos they will either return or send you a mail for base on Medical.

You got to have 6photos and to be safe you have to print extra copy of IMM1017 along with you and have the Medical officer sign it and attach your photo on it

Note!! Receipt or invoice of payment is not acceptable. You must collect Original Medical Report form IMM1017 signed by the Designated Medical Practitioner who completed your medical examination.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eddy070 said:
and to be safe you have to print extra copy of IMM1017 along with you and have the Medical officer sign it and attach your photo on it
You cannot download IMM1017 section A for printing, it is provided by the DMP after the medical has been performed.
You send the completed Medical Report section A IMM1017 with your application.