+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal application returned why?

Altshift

Sep 13, 2022
This is the letter we got can someone pls tell me what we did wrong? This was online application We clearly indicated that the principal applicant is not in canada in the application.

This is the letter
Letter we received

Last edited:

yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
From what I understand in the letter, you indicated in the Document Checklist that you're applying inland, and somewhere else along your application you declared it is outland. Was this the case? I'm not familiar if in the online portal you indicate that you're application is inland or outland, but it looks like there were inconsistencies in the document checklist.

Reactions: scylla

Altshift

Sep 13, 2022
From what I understand in the letter, you indicated in the Document Checklist that you're applying inland, and somewhere else along your application you declared it is outland. Was this the case? I'm not familiar if in the online portal you indicate that you're application is inland or outland, but it looks like there were inconsistencies in the document checklist.
So we indicated that it's outland in the application, however we've selected as inland in the portal for some odd reason.. so I guess that was the issue we sent application to inland instead off outland wasted 3 months

yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
So we indicated that it's outland in the application, however we've selected as inland in the portal for some odd reason.. so I guess that was the issue we sent application to inland instead off outland wasted 3 months
Sorry to hear you wasted those three months to receive these news. I guess it's a lesson learned to make sure everything matches across your app.

Kyatham

Sep 3, 2021
Hi. I also received a same reply from IRCC. But I'm 100% sure that I selected "Family Class (Outside Canada)" while creating application.
And in IMM1344 also I did cross checked It is clearly "Spouse Living Outside Canada". Yet my application has been returned saying same reason.
What are we supposed to do now? Resubmit again? They specifically mentioned that "they don't keep any record of our application." Does this mean we have to apply again? Since they can't revive the application.
Offer letter, Payslips , Chat and bank statements are all 2-3mnths old. We have gather all again?

James Lyrie-Stewart

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Hi. I also received a same reply from IRCC. But I'm 100% sure that I selected "Family Class (Outside Canada)" while creating application.
And in IMM1344 also I did cross checked It is clearly "Spouse Living Outside Canada". Yet my application has been returned saying same reason.
What are we supposed to do now? Resubmit again? They specifically mentioned that "they don't keep any record of our application." Does this mean we have to apply again? Since they can't revive the application.
Offer letter, Payslips , Chat and bank statements are all 2-3mnths old. We have gather all again?
You will have to reapply again. They basically wanted you to know that they don't keep your place in the "queue," so when you re-submit, you will start again in the queue.

Keep in mind that starting Sept 23, IRCC is no longer accepting paper applications.

Last edited:

Altshift

Sep 13, 2022
In my case I just resubmitted everything the way it was.. I hope that won't be a issue it's about 6 months old

Last edited:

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually I just found out that IRCC says you can use all the same documents.

See here: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1492&top=4
Yes, but it's important to note that if any of the original forms have been updated/revised by IRCC and are newer than the original version of that same form, it/they must be completed and sent. Strangely, IRCC doesn't mention that in the link that you have shared.

More than one person has had their entire package returned because of an outdated form being included. For this reason it was always strongly suggested that an applicant check the IRCC website on the day they mail their package, to make sure there's in still in fact the latest version!

James Lyrie-Stewart

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
Yes, but it's important to note that if any of the original forms have been updated/revised by IRCC and are newer than the original version of that same form, it/they must be completed and sent. Strangely, IRCC doesn't mention that in the link that you have shared.

More than one person has had their entire package returned because of an outdated form being included. For this reason it was always strongly suggested that an applicant check the IRCC website on the day they mail their package, to make sure there's in still in fact the latest version!
This is true. ALWAYS use the most updated forms.

yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Unfortunately, if there is or was a glitch in the PR application portal, you can't prove what you say that you selected Outside Canada when applying. I recommend that next time you print the page to PDF where it's shown that you have selected the PR program under which you are applying (make sure the date is showing in the header or footer of the print out). If you are 100% sure that you selected the right program, then you don't know for sure if the problem is already fixed. I would cover all bases and include the webpage PDF in my application to show them that because in the past you had a problem with the portal you are attaching this to prove you selected the right program.

When I applied for EE online, I printed every page of my online application. It doesn't hurt to be extra careful.

Also, it is possible that this issue has been fixed already. You will never know for sure. You might want to send a Webform in IRCC and send a screenshot of the page showing the PR portal with the application details.

fashiontart

Nov 18, 2021
This has happened to a lot of people this week! Including another member of this forum (from the December 2021 group). They definitely applied outland online, and was returned for being inland. There's clearly a glitch somewhere.

Reactions: god@zilla