+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sposorship for US Born Kid

piscean5

Star Member
Nov 11, 2009
Hi All
I am a Canadian PR holder for last 1 year but currently in US. As my wife is due at end of this month and I am planning to move to Canada in the month of April, 2017. I would like to know the following

1. What is the process of applying Canadian PR sponsorship for my newborn?
2. I have been told that I can only file while being present in Canada? If thats true, Can I come with my kid in February, file for Kids PR sponsorship, go back to US and come back when PR is received? I am thinking of this as I am not sure how health care will work for new born (Moving to Calgary, Alberta)

3. What are my options for kids healthcare while waiting for PR? assuming I stay in canada after I file for kids PR?

Thanks in advance
Sidhu

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
piscean5 said:
Hi All
I am a Canadian PR holder for last 1 year but currently in US. As my wife is due at end of this month and I am planning to move to Canada in the month of April, 2017. I would like to know the following

1. What is the process of applying Canadian PR sponsorship for my newborn?
2. I have been told that I can only file while being present in Canada? If thats true, Can I come with my kid in February, file for Kids PR sponsorship, go back to US and come back when PR is received? I am thinking of this as I am not sure how health care will work for new born (Moving to Calgary, Alberta)

3. What are my options for kids healthcare while waiting for PR? assuming I stay in canada after I file for kids PR?

Thanks in advance
Sidhu
1) Sponsorship as a member of the Family Class. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp
2) you must reside in Canada during the whole of the PR application process, not just the submission. Essentially, you have to move to Canada.
3) you will need to contact the provincial healthcare authority to confirm that.