+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoship letter/ affidavit from parents for student visa?

akashp89

Jul 21, 2013
Hi All,

I have question regarding what kind of sponsorship letter I should submit along with other documents as a visa application?
I live in India. My parents live in a gulf country and they are going to sponsor my graduate studies in Canada.

What kind of Sponsorship letter I should take from my parents?
Is it necessary that I need Sponsorship affidavit/ letter from the solicitor/ attorney/ lawyer of the country where my parents are living currently? OR
It is legal to get such Sponsorship Affidavit done on Indian Government Stamp Paper?

Please provide me solution to this issue.

dok

Apr 20, 2014
akashp89 said:
Hi All,

I have question regarding what kind of sponsorship letter I should submit along with other documents as a visa application?
I live in India. My parents live in a gulf country and they are going to sponsor my graduate studies in Canada.

What kind of Sponsorship letter I should take from my parents?
Is it necessary that I need Sponsorship affidavit/ letter from the solicitor/ attorney/ lawyer of the country where my parents are living currently? OR
It is legal to get such Sponsorship Affidavit done on Indian Government Stamp Paper?

Please provide me solution to this issue.
Hello,

Sponsorship letters includes bank statements from your parent, pay slip or employment contract and others. If these documents are in english then no need for translation and others. From my personal experience, since your sponsors are your parents, you don't need to do all these affidavit stuffs.

Your parents should write a letter off sponsorship stating why they are sponsoring you and attach it to their original financial statements. They could do it at where they are if their documents are from the country they currently live in and post them to you (IF YOU'RE SUBMITTING PAPER APPLICATION). If they have also paid for tuition and accommodation already, then you should submit copies of receipt in addition.

In all cases contact the Canadian Visa Application Center (CVAC) where you plan to submit your application. They can tell you what exact documents you will need from your parents. Even when submitting they check to make sure all proper documents have been included - if you doubt submit through the CVAC. I hope you will be fine. Good luck!