+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship

heroman-20

Apr 5, 2021
Hi guys,
please, if anybody can answer my question.
I am Egyptian married to my wife who is a Canadian citizen,we married in Egypt since the last January but she will be back to Canada on June and tickets booked already..I have a question, now we started to fill in the forms for the sponsorship and in the checklist given under part (5) class of application, should i choose i am currently living outside Canada and i am applying under the family class OR i am currently living in Canada and i am applying under the family class..which options should i choose ?thank you

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
But are they asking about the sponsor or the principal applicant ?
Read carefully, there are many pages to complete. All of them require reading.

It says right before those checkboxes "Please check the box which applies to you (the primary applicant):"

Last edited:
Reactions: heroman-20

sakcan307

Jun 4, 2020
Hello,

I'm a principal applicant from India and applied visa under Family sponsorship. My application was submitted on 8th September 2020 and currently my medical and biometric got completed on 1st of march 2021. The application status is in submitted state. My question is how long will it take to process the application for passport pickup currently? By which month I can expect my application will be finalized? I can see in the portal currently they are finalizing the application of the month June 2019.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello,

I'm a principal applicant from India and applied visa under Family sponsorship. My application was submitted on 8th September 2020 and currently my medical and biometric got completed on 1st of march 2021. The application status is in submitted state. My question is how long will it take to process the application for passport pickup currently? By which month I can expect my application will be finalized? I can see in the portal currently they are finalizing the application of the month June 2019.
There is no way anyone can tell you. Between 1-12 months is a reasonable guess, although such a broad window not of much use. Right now longer is more likely than shorter - but hopefully IRCC will catch up on current delays.

cjr

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
By which month I can expect my application will be finalized?
It would be a mistake to "expect" any part of the process by a specific month - processing times vary wildly depending on the individual circumstances. You'll set yourself up for disappointment, and your mind will convince you of all sorts of nefarious conspiracies against you.

The best you can do is hope that your process will be typical enough to finalize within 12 months.

You can keep an eye on the tracking spreadsheet to see what others are experiencing, but the big take-away from those stats is: processing times vary wildly depending on the individual circumstances.

Reactions: YVR123 and armoured

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

You still have the bulk of the processing to be completed which are the background checks. Sponsorship time target is 1 year but it is taking longer due to covid. If you need an interview it will also take longer.

Bambaoto

Jan 26, 2021
Hi, please anyone can help...
I have a daughter studying in Alexandria Egypt (foreign student in Egypt) needs to obtain criminal record. What is the procedure there .she doesn't speak Arabic, She went to the local police station to request for Pcc and they told her they don't understand what she need. What do they call police certificate in Egypt.

heroman-20

Apr 5, 2021
Actually, she needs to go to minister of interior or The civilian affairs and ask them to make criminal record or call feesh wa tashbeeh.I can help her if you can contact me on 00201146798691 my whatsaap

heroman-20

Apr 5, 2021
Actually, she needs to go to minister of interior or The civilian affairs and ask them to make criminal record or call feesh wa tashbeeh.I can help her if you can contact me on 00201146798691 my whatsaap
I am Egyptian and i made this before criminal record