+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsorship Withdrawal

Sigma.06

Mar 8, 2022
Hello everyone,

I need your help and guidance for my situation. I am a Canadian PR and sponsored outland application for my spouse. Her biometrics, medical, background and eligibility is showing completed in the family sponsorship tracker. Application status shows in progress with no COPR so far. I assume VO is Ottawa. We are not in good terms since last one year. I am having second thoughts about this sponsorship so I have submitted a webform for withdrawal few days ago. Received an automatic reply that "Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) etc."

Question is whether my withdrawal will be successful and what else I can do to stop the application process. Thank you for your response.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

I need your help and guidance for my situation. I am a Canadian PR and sponsored outland application for my spouse. Her biometrics, medical, background and eligibility is showing completed in the family sponsorship tracker. Application status shows in progress with no COPR so far. I assume VO is Ottawa. We are not in good terms since last one year. I am having second thoughts about this sponsorship so I have submitted a webform for withdrawal few days ago. Received an automatic reply that "Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) etc."

Question is whether my withdrawal will be successful and what else I can do to stop the application process. Thank you for your response.
You really should have withdrawn the application earlier if you weren’t on good terms. As long as she doesn’t land you will be fine. You have taken the correct steps to withdraw the application.

Reactions: Sigma.06

Sigma.06

Mar 8, 2022
You really should have withdrawn the application earlier if you weren’t on good terms. As long as she doesn’t land you will be fine. You have taken the correct steps to withdraw the application.
Thank you for the reply. I was hoping that things would have got better with time but no luck yet.
So far the COPR number is not generated nor there is PPR email. Should I ignore the PPR if it comes as this is an outland application and will require stamping of passport? Is there a time limit for submitting the passport to VO?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for the reply. I was hoping that things would have got better with time but no luck yet.
So far the COPR number is not generated nor there is PPR email. Should I ignore the PPR if it comes as this is an outland application and will require stamping of passport? Is there a time limit for submitting the passport to VO?
If PPR comes then I could sent a second communication to IRCC stating that you have already submitted a request to withdraw the application and indicating what date that was submitted.

Yes, there is a time limit for submitting the passport to the VO.

Sigma.06

Mar 8, 2022
If PPR comes then I could sent a second communication to IRCC stating that you have already submitted a request to withdraw the application and indicating what date that was submitted.

Yes, there is a time limit for submitting the passport to the VO.
Thank you Scylla. I will post here to seek help after how it unfolds.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
We are not in good terms since last one year. I am having second thoughts about this sponsorship so I have submitted a webform for withdrawal few days ago.
You need to send an email to the Visa Office processing her application asap.

Terr

May 11, 2022
Hello everyone,

Thank you for the response Canuck78. I have sent the webform. Could not find reliable email address of the VO for correspondence.
Hello everyone,

Hi dear,

Did you get any reponse back for your withdrawal request??

Terr

May 11, 2022
Looking for some help…
Appreciate your help and assistance in advance

I have put a request to withdraw spousal sponsorship application. Does anybody know, how long it takes to get a response back??
Do they give any response or simply withdraw it?? Waiting from almost 4 months.

Sigma.06

Mar 8, 2022
Hi dear,

Did you get any reponse back for your withdrawal request??
No response so far. Only an acknowledgment that the withdrawal request is submitted. May I know at what stage did you request for withdrawal and your visa office?

Terr

May 11, 2022
No response so far. Only an acknowledgment that the withdrawal request is submitted. May I know at what stage did you request for withdrawal and your visa office?
I don’t know the exact stage because my spouse stopped giving me any information after sometime.
But when I submitted the request, there was no landing and Copr.
Also in beginning, I got a reply that they have verified the information regarding my request and forwarded it to the responsible office.
Thank you