+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship [Spouse] - Looking for help with CSQ

curiousdan

Mar 9, 2017
Hello,

I have applied [sponsored] for my wife's application to get a PR. Since I live in Quebec, I would need to be approved from Quebec as well and get a CSQ, to complete my application.

My understanding was that I need to apply for sponsorship and PR with CIC Mississauga and once I receive a letter from them, I can go ahead and apply for CSQ. Based on that understanding - I applied with the CIC Mississauga. I got an approval letter from them stating my application for sponsorship have been approved and my file will be sent to respective case processing centre. I haven't received any communication about getting a CSQ though.

I just wanted to ensure this communication is enough for me to send my sponsorship application to Quebec?
Is there anything else apart from that letter from CIC required for me to apply with Quebec?

Natalycobos

Star Member
Sep 12, 2017
Montréal
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
22/05/2023
Doc's Request.
23/05/2023
Passport Req..
20/06/2023
VISA ISSUED...
27/06/2023
Hello,

I have applied [sponsored] for my wife's application to get a PR. Since I live in Quebec, I would need to be approved from Quebec as well and get a CSQ, to complete my application.

My understanding was that I need to apply for sponsorship and PR with CIC Mississauga and once I receive a letter from them, I can go ahead and apply for CSQ. Based on that understanding - I applied with the CIC Mississauga. I got an approval letter from them stating my application for sponsorship have been approved and my file will be sent to respective case processing centre. I haven't received any communication about getting a CSQ though.

I just wanted to ensure this communication is enough for me to send my sponsorship application to Quebec?
Is there anything else apart from that letter from CIC required for me to apply with Quebec?
Hi!

I’m from Montreal so I had to make a request for CSQ.

I sent mine with the letter of approval of the sponsorship, like you mentioned.

I know some people had their Quebec application return and they said that they needed the letter stating which VO your file has been sent.

Knowing that, I still decided to send it and 3 weeks later I had my (my hubby’s) CSQ.

So just send this letter along with the forms and the proofs asked with your payment as well.