+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsorship of spouse with receiving financial assistance

archerx

Sep 13, 2011
Hi

I have an inquiry about the sponsorship of spouse.

I live in Canada for three years as permanent resident. I am single and never married. I am planning to get married and she lives in Europe. As far as I know that I am eligible to be a sponsor to her, However I am currently unemployed and receive financial assistance.

I know that I can not sponsor under this circumstances. However I really appreciate if you can reply my following questions.

1- if I stop receiving financial assistance, can I be eligible to be sponsor to her?
2- My parents are gonna sell a house in my country and they are willing to help financially, so I can demonstrate some certain amount in my bank account. It is acceptable to demonstrate some money in my bank account form my own country?
3- My future spouse will also have some money in her bank account so is it also helpful to demonstrate that we are financially stable?
4- Is there any certain time schedule to support my spouse until she is eligible to have PR.

Thank you

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
archerx said:
Hi

I have an inquiry about the sponsorship of spouse.

I live in Canada for three years as permanent resident. I am single and never married. I am planning to get married and she lives in Europe. As far as I know that I am eligible to be a sponsor to her, However I am currently unemployed and receive financial assistance.

I know that I can not sponsor under this circumstances. However I really appreciate if you can reply my following questions.

1- if I stop receiving financial assistance, can I be eligible to be sponsor to her?
2- My parents are gonna sell a house in my country and they are willing to help financially, so I can demonstrate some certain amount in my bank account. It is acceptable to demonstrate some money in my bank account form my own country?
3- My future spouse will also have some money in her bank account so is it also helpful to demonstrate that we are financially stable?
4- Is there any certain time schedule to support my spouse until she is eligible to have PR.

Thank you
I you are receiving welfare you are not eligible...
Period....

archerx

Sep 13, 2011
Awesomeg said:
I you are receiving welfare you are not eligible...
Period....
Thank u reply, do u have any idea about the following questions ?

4- Is there any certain time schedule to suppo

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
archerx said:
Thank u reply, do u have any idea about the following questions ?

4- Is there any certain time schedule to suppo
Once you stop receiving assistance, you need to confirm with the social assistance office that they have completely removed you from their list of active recipients and closed out your file. Only then can you apply to sponsor a spouse.

The amount of money in a bank account does not matter. CIC won't even care or ask about this.

You will need to show you have a suitable plan to support yourselves in Canada without going back on financial assistance again. Any job you are able to get, will help that.